SETGENFILTER() ... doesn't work with "/" char ????

SETGENFILTER() ... doesn't work with "/" char ????

Post by B Cowel » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know why using the "/" character within a Dynamic array,
when setting the TCURSOR range using SETGENFILTER() method ??, I have
the "/" character in a lot of my fields and when trying to filter them
out I get an Error...saying invalid range... or some such thing ... any
other characters work fine. IS there anyway around this ???
-- U.E.C INDUSTRIES LTD
Manufacturing
Rossmore Industrial Estate,
Ellesmere Port,
South Wirral,  L65 3BS,
Tel: +44 (0)151 355 0111,
Fax: +44 (0)151 356 1093,

Post by Nicholas Ril » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know why using the "/" character within a Dynamic array,
> when setting the TCURSOR range using SETGENFILTER() method ??, I have
> the "/" character in a lot of my fields and when trying to filter them
> out I get an Error...saying invalid range... or some such thing ... any
> other characters work fine. IS there anyway around this ???

try setRange() if you can (it's faster and easier to use than
setGenFilter), along with switchIndex() if necessary, or try escaping the
/, like \/.

--Nicholas

SETGENFILTER() ... doesn't work with "/" char ????

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Mon, 12 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know why using the "/" character within a Dynamic array,
> when setting the TCURSOR range using SETGENFILTER() method ??, I have
> the "/" character in a lot of my fields and when trying to filter them
> out I get an Error...saying invalid range... or some such thing ... any
> other characters work fine. IS there anyway around this ???

First of all "any" other character doesn't work. Try a colon ":" just for
fun. Try filtering a field with data that looks like ##:## with "##:..".

This is just one more reason why I continue to advise people to ONLY use
setGenFilter as a last resort. Never use it where it is possible to use
setRange() or switchIndex() - setRange(). The only workarounds for most
setGenFilter problems are weird concatenations of quoted strings and the
end result is still too slow and too buggy.

Daniel Morgan
EXE Solutions

1. SendKeys "{tab}" doesn't work

Hi ...

I'm suing VB6.

My application main form has an array of 60 text controls on it, namely
text8().

Common to the controls is the following sub.

When I type '>' (without the quotes), the textbox contents do indeed become
'>300'.

However, the Sendkeys {tab} doesn't seem to work correctly.  Instead of the
focus going to the NEXT control, it lands on the PREVIOUS control of the
array -- and YES, my tab order is correct.

Code fragment ....

Private Sub Text8_Change(Index As Integer)
    If Text8(Index) = ">" Then
    Text8(Index) = ">300"
    SendKeys "{tab}"
End Sub

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers .... Geoff   :o)

2. Trigger Help...

3. "Changeto" Doesn't Work

4. Using a DSN in an application

5. SQL 7.0 "Grant All", doesn't do anything but reports success

6. JOB OFFER: Pick/Unidata Datatel Colleague software

7. "\" doesn't compile

8. Very old version of SQL server

9. Why "Foxprox.exe" works and "Foxpro.exe" doesn't...SOLVED

10. vbajet32.dll isn't "working"

12. HELP...Informix Database ..rs.UPDATE doesn't work with Char-Fields