printing problems

Post by Stev » Wed, 15 May 2002 04:01:49

I have a Paradox 8 runtime application installed on a Windows 2000 platform
(the application was produced via the Paradox Distribution Expert). The
application works fine except for when it comes to printing reports. I can
see the report fine on the screen, but the printer just produces blank
pages! I have checked the printer connections and they seem fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

printing problems

Post by Stev » Wed, 15 May 2002 04:20:48

I have a Paradox 8 runtime application installed on a Windows 2000 platform
(the application was produced via the Paradox Distribution Expert). The
application works fine except for when it comes to printing reports. I can
see the report fine on the screen, but the printer just produces blank
pages! I have checked the printer connections and they seem fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

printing problems

Post by Jeff Shoa » Wed, 15 May 2002 08:30:15

Can you print from other applications? Local or network printer? Does it
work on any other PC and/or printer?

Quote:> I have a Paradox 8 runtime application installed on a Windows 2000
> platform (the application was produced via the Paradox Distribution
> Expert). The application works fine except for when it comes to
> printing reports. I can see the report fine on the screen, but the
> printer just produces blank pages! I have checked the printer
> connections and they seem fine. Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance,
> Steve

printing problems

Post by Lind » Wed, 15 May 2002 22:54:45

I had a problem similar to this before using Adobe Acrobat.  It
involved a Paradox application that printed reports to Adobe Acrobat
files.  Users could also view the reports while the Paradox app was
still open in the background.  Similar to your problem, the reports
looked fine on the screen, but printed blank pages to the printer.

I checked the printer driver properties of the working driver (did
print screens so I wouldn't have to write it all down).  Then, I went
to the machine that was not printing correctly, and set them the exact
same way.  It worked!!

Not sure if this solution will apply to your problem (since mine
involved Paradox and Adobe Acrobat), but you never know.

Good luck!

Linda

printing problems

Post by Stev » Thu, 16 May 2002 07:39:51

The printer is a network printer and it does print from other applications
without any probs. Have previously run the the app on Windows 95/NT4
platforms and this seems to work fine. At the moment, it would appear to be
a problem specific to Windows 2000.

> Can you print from other applications? Local or network printer? Does it
> work on any other PC and/or printer?

> > I have a Paradox 8 runtime application installed on a Windows 2000
> > platform (the application was produced via the Paradox Distribution
> > Expert). The application works fine except for when it comes to
> > printing reports. I can see the report fine on the screen, but the
> > printer just produces blank pages! I have checked the printer
> > connections and they seem fine. Any ideas?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Steve

printing problems

Post by Ivica Kola » Thu, 16 May 2002 17:59:51

Steve,

Quote:> The printer is a network printer and it does print from other applications

What is the name of your printer?
My best guess, the problem comes due to the printer name being too long.
Try with shortened one.
Let us know if that helps.

--Ivica

> The printer is a network printer and it does print from other applications
> without any probs. Have previously run the the app on Windows 95/NT4
> platforms and this seems to work fine. At the moment, it would appear to
be
> a problem specific to Windows 2000.

> > Can you print from other applications? Local or network printer? Does it
> > work on any other PC and/or printer?

> > > I have a Paradox 8 runtime application installed on a Windows 2000
> > > platform (the application was produced via the Paradox Distribution
> > > Expert). The application works fine except for when it comes to
> > > printing reports. I can see the report fine on the screen, but the
> > > printer just produces blank pages! I have checked the printer
> > > connections and they seem fine. Any ideas?

> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Steve

1. Reportsmith printing problem with Windows Printing System laser

Headers, footers and some other sections of reports print as black strips on
my printer (Sharp JX-9210 using the windows printing system) using
Reportsmith v.3.02.

I have updated the printer drivers to the latest version and searched
Borland, Sharp, Microsoft and Strategic Reporting Systems web-sites for a
fix with no success.

Has anyone come accross this problem or a fix for it?

--
Regards, Gordon McNeil

2. IDEF1X Standard for Entity-Relationship Designs

3. FoxPro 2.0/PS-Print printing problem

4. Cannot Update, Insert or Delete (The Sequel)

5. Query Analyzer Printing Problem

6. IBM X345 Crashes

7. Office web component printing problem / olap report tool

8. T-SQL VB Debugger

9. Printing Problems

10. printing problem

11. EXCEL PRINT PROBLEM

12. Printing Problems from SQL Server Agent

13. A tough automated printing problem