Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Post by Shafee » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:04:46

Eg:

Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName, sum(Amount) from Emp
Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName

Above is my Paradox SQL Query and I only get the message that capability
not supported (where as the same works smoothly with SQL Server 2000).

( Same message even if i change it to:

Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name), sum(Amount) from Emp
Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name)

)

Has any one come across this situation? I would appreciate some
suggestions on getting this to work

Thanx in advance,
Shafeeq.
http://web2news.com/?comp.databases.paradox

Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Post by Veronica Loel » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:45:04

I see the exact same post in paradox-discussions, crossposting is not a
good idea.

- Veronica

> Eg:

> Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName, sum(Amount) from Emp
> Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName

> Above is my Paradox SQL Query and I only get the message that capability
> not supported (where as the same works smoothly with SQL Server 2000).

> ( Same message even if i change it to:

> Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name), sum(Amount) from Emp
> Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name)

> )

> Has any one come across this situation? I would appreciate some
> suggestions on getting this to work

> Thanx in advance,
> Shafeeq.

Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Post by Shafee » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:44:32

Hi
Im sorry about the cross posting,
but I still couldnt locate any such article. Would you mind pointing me
to that one. Guess there is some solution to that behaviour.

Thnx
Shafeeq.

> I see the exact same post in paradox-discussions,
> crossposting is not a
> good idea.

> - Veronica

>> Eg:

>> Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName, sum(Amount) from Emp
>> Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName

>> Above is my Paradox SQL Query and I only get the message
>> that capability
>> not supported (where as the same works smoothly with SQL
>> Server 2000).

> etc..

http://web2news.com/?comp.databases.paradox

Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Post by Veronica Loel » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:15:59

It was you that posted in paradox-discussion as well? I was trying to
point out that posting in two forums generally is not helpful for either
you or the people that try to answer your questions.

> Hi
> Im sorry about the cross posting,
> but I still couldnt locate any such article. Would you mind pointing me
> to that one. Guess there is some solution to that behaviour.

> Thnx
> Shafeeq.

>>I see the exact same post in paradox-discussions,
>>crossposting is not a
>>good idea.

>>- Veronica

>>>Eg:

>>>Select (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName, sum(Amount) from Emp
>>>Group By (Emp.Title||''||Emp.Name) as EmpName

>>>Above is my Paradox SQL Query and I only get the message
>>>that capability
>>>not supported (where as the same works smoothly with SQL
>>>Server 2000).

>>etc..

Is GROUP BY Concatenated fields possible in Paradox SQL???

Post by Leslie Milbur » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:34:30

Three forums if you include the BDE newsgroup.

Quote:> It was you that posted in paradox-discussion as well? I was trying to
> point out that posting in two forums generally is not helpful for either
> you or the people that try to answer your questions.

1. Group an SQL Stored Procedure concatenating a text field

Hello,
    I have 2 tables (1 to n relation).
    I would group the result of aquery concatenating a specific text field :

If tables are:

Table0:

    field0  field1
    1        test1
    2        test2

Table1

    field2  field3 field4(related to table0.field0)
    1        x1       1
    2        x2       1

Result must be:
        field0  field1  Concat
        1         test1   x1, x2

SQL:
        select field0,field1, (......????....) as Concat from table0 inner
join table1 on field0=field4 group by field0,field1

Is it possible?

Thanks,
    max.

2. MSDataShape against SQL-Server

3. concatenate varchar field from multiple rows into one row as a group

4. OpenIngres 2.0 Release Date

5. SQL statement grouping by a field , and ordering within a group

6. Percentile

7. Help -- Grouping qry ---- Sub Grouping -Is this possible?

8. shell-escape in sql possible ?

9. Concatenating datetime field and int field to make a date time

10. Merging fields - - is it possible in Paradox?

11. Concatenating fields in an SQL statement

12. Concatenate Fields in SQL Query

13. How do I concatenate fields in Interbase SQL?