Where to find Opal for Balloons Messages?

Where to find Opal for Balloons Messages?

Post by Susan Gauderm » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

Somewere I have seen the mention of adding balloon messages to buttons
or toolbars? If anyone can point me in the direction I would
appreciate it.
Thank you in advance!!!!
Susan Gauderman

Post by Andrew Benne » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

>Somewere I have seen the mention of adding balloon messages to buttons
>or toolbars? If anyone can point me in the direction I would
>appreciate it.

You can use the mouseEnter() and mouseExit() for the buttons to put a
message on the status bar real easy.  Unfortunately, it's not balloon
help, but sorta close.

Andrew
--
  Andrew Bennett

  http://taz.hyperreal.com/~abennett/

Post by Richard K Carte » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

: Somewere I have seen the mention of adding balloon messages to buttons
: or toolbars? If anyone can point me in the direction I would
: appreciate it.

There was an article that covered this in Paradox Informant magazine
a year or two ago.  Information on ordering the back issue (if still
available) and free source code for the examples used in the article
are available at http://www.informant.com/

Where to find Opal for Balloons Messages?

Post by James Hargreav » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

I have the code for generating balloon help when the mouse
enters/exits a ui object.

If you would like it, please e-mail and I will send it to you.

--

James Hargreaves
St. Petersburg, Florida