URGENT Aliases ... idapi.cfg

Post by Peter Saler » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have two machines on a lan, and want to use the same alias 'forms'
to access the same directory, d, and c:\pdoxwin\working\forms.  When
I make one c, the other doesn't work, and vice versa.

Thanks in advance,
Peter Salerno

SUNY Albany

URGENT Aliases ... idapi.cfg

Post by Jim Kun » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>I have two machines on a lan, and want to use the same alias
>>'forms' to access the same directory, d, and
>>c:\pdoxwin\working\forms.

Are you using a shared IDAPI.CFG file? That's not recommended;
each machine should have its own local IDAPI.CFG file. Also,
if you're using a peer-to-peer network, make sure your location
for your network directory (PDOXUSRS.NET) is the exact same drive
letter on all machines. That may require use of the SUBST command
on one of your machines.

I'm not sure this answered your question, but like chicken soup,
I figured, these suggestions couldn't hurt.

Jim Kunz

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. OLEDB Provider - how to use

3. idapi.cfg

4. SQL Server & FoxPro (2)

5. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

6. DAO

7. Idapi.CFG

8. Diagrams.

9. How to modify IDAPI.CFG

10. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)

11. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)

12. Adding and deleting ODBC drivers in the IDAPI.CFG at run time

13. alternative idapi.cfg file