Procedures in Pdox 4.5

Post by colemae8.. » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 11:20:55

A group I am working on for a development class have a problem.  The program is
in pdox4.5 and has a stack over flow error.  The professor has said that using
procedures will solve the problem, but we cannot find any good examples.  If
you could give us some assistance on this we would appreciate it.
                              University of Northern Iowa

Procedures in Pdox 4.5

Post by Todd Fa » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 07:22:19

says...

Quote:

>A group I am working on for a development class have a problem.  The
program is
>in pdox4.5 and has a stack over flow error.  The professor has said that
using
>procedures will solve the problem, but we cannot find any good examples.
If
>you could give us some assistance on this we would appreciate it.
>                              University of Northern Iowa

DOS (which I can't help with) or Windows?  I'm not exactly sure what you are
looking for.  The structure of procedures is almost exactly like methods.
The only difference is where you put the code and how you call it out.  In
short, in the 'proc' area of an object, you'll have something like this:

proc Foo()
.
<code>
.
endproc

proc Bar(var Funky String) Logical
.
<code>
.
endproc

<etc...>

You'll have one proc...endproc block for each procedure, all in the same
area.  I've also seen proc...endproc blocks declared directly in methods,
right before the start of a method.

Hope this is what you are looking for.  If not, let me know.

Todd

"His mind is somewhat too much taken up with his mind." - John Earle

Procedures in Pdox 4.5

Post by Bill P. Ske » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 08:22:20

I have plenty of examples
Bill (513)792-0803

1. llooking for CoEdit procedures for Pdox 4.5 Dos

I am reviewing our coEdit multi form tables procedures for Paradox 4.5.  We have a Netware 5 network
and 20 Paradox usres.  Our system has been build over a number of years to include manufacturing
scheduling etc.

The EMS Profesional Shareware Cd has some utilities but some of the pieces are missing or are for
older versions.  In particular the OkKey4.sc by Alan Zenreich and James Kocis, from "PAL By
Example." looks good for handeling key viol.  Looks like there is a "Data Entry ToolKit" not
included on the CD.

Is there some tried and true tested code out there that implements Coedit any multi form table, copy
old version of record(s) to delta file(s), post changed record checking for key viol and maybe the
procedures to roll back transactions to a date and time in the delta file?

8-\  what a mouth full.

This is for our own use. I will not be reselling the app.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Wilson

Systems Admin

2. Client/Server Systems Analyst - IN

3. Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

4. Repost: SQL Server 7 workstation tools on Win2K

5. HOW DO I CONVERT A PDOX 4.5 SCRIPT TO PDOX 5 OR 8 FOR WIN

6. Trap Insert Key in DB Grid

7. PDox 4.5 to PDox 8

8. Function not supported error in ComnEvnt.DLL

9. PDOX 4.5 DOS to PDOX 8 WIN95....?

10. Run Pdox 4.5 script in Pdox 7?

11. PDOX 4.5 DOS to PDOX 8 WIN95....?

12. Migration from Pdox 3.5 to Pdox 4.5 under Windows

13. pdox 4.5 vs pdox 5.0