Importing Text Files into Pdox 4.02 Tables

Importing Text Files into Pdox 4.02 Tables

Post by Phil Tus » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Greetings to all ...

I am attempting to Import several ASCII Delimited Text Files into
Paradox DOS tables ...  I have 25 text files (of various names) in one
directory and have inventoried each file into a Paradox Table called
"llist.db"

Using a script, how can I scan the inventory table "llist.db" to
import into a Paradox table and then delete the text files AFTER
the import process has completed?

for example:

View "llist"
Scan
  {Tools} {Import} {Table} ???
EndScan

DeleteFiles(*.txt) ???

Any assitance would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Please e-mail responses to:

Post by Steve Gree » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Using a script, how can I scan the inventory table "llist.db" to
> import into a Paradox table and then delete the text files AFTER
> the import process has completed?

VIEW "Llist"
SCAN
          x = [file name]
         {Tools}{ExportImport}{Import}{Ascii}{Delimited} ;
{AppendDelimited} ?
         SELECT x
         SELECT <you didn't say where it goes>
         RUN NOREFRESH "del " + x
ENDSCAN

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Importing Text Files into Pdox 4.02 Tables

Post by Phil Tus » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Steve ...  Thanks for your assistance ...

Quote:>VIEW "Llist"
>SCAN
>          x = [file name]
>         {Tools}{ExportImport}{Import}{Ascii}{Delimited} ;
>{AppendDelimited} ?

Phil Tusa

1. Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
versions 4.02 and 4.5. Considering that my overall goal is to keep my
applications as intact as possible (over 10,000 lines), what should I use? I
hear that 4.5 is *too* different ... requiring major rewrites of applications.
Is 4.02 *perfectly* compatible with 3.5 (OK, *reasonably* compatible!)? Any
reasons to stay with 3.5 versus 4.02? My applications run on Windows 95/98
machines but many of the tables reside on an NT network.

Any input would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark Lyons

2. Any BLOB functions?

3. PDOX DOS 4.02 Print File question

4. please help with ODBC connction from c++

5. Pdox 4.02 DOS - File Locking Problem - Steve Green

6. how to use DSO with OLEDB?

7. How to import text files into PDOX tables

8. Removing duplicates from a resultset

9. Pdox DOS 4.02 and Win XP

10. TKMenu substitute for PDOX DOS 4.02?

11. is it possible to make a touchscreen ap with pdox 4.02

12. Pdox 4.02 movement key problem

13. Help Dos Pdox 4.02 Application Workshop