idapi.cfg

Post by Ian Balch » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:58:27

Hi,

I had changed a setting in idapi.cfg from the idapi config utility and
when the changes had been saved Pdox came up with an 'idapi config
error' and a blank blank idapi settings window.

I restored the old .cfg which had been saved and all was back to
normal.  This is repeatable.

What should I know that I don't?

regards
Ian
Fables Bookshop
119 High Street, Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa.
http://www.imaginet.co.za/fables
fables at imaginet.co.za  (correct to usual format)
phone/fax  +27-(0)46-636-1525
Secretary & Founder member of the Southern African Bookdealers Association
Est. 1990

idapi.cfg

Post by Manlio Lasche » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:37:25

Quote:>Hi,

>I had changed a setting in idapi.cfg from the idapi config utility and
>when the changes had been saved Pdox came up with an 'idapi config
>error' and a blank blank idapi settings window.

pls what's the change you did, and which pdox version.
Thanks

http://delphi-jedi.org
For the quickest and best FREE Paradox? support see:
      http://www.thedbcommunity.com/support/
Or subscribe directly to any of the newsgroups at:

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. How to monitor connection's amount ?

3. idapi.cfg

4. error in user defined function?

5. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

6. (ICQ) Need Help Porting a C++ DLL inteface to Delphi

7. Idapi.CFG

8. Access ComboBox vs Sheridan DataCombo performance

9. How to modify IDAPI.CFG

10. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)

11. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)

12. Adding and deleting ODBC drivers in the IDAPI.CFG at run time

13. alternative idapi.cfg file