Good Quotes (jkaMpQ)

Post by Qoute-A-.. » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Every day, we at Quote-A-Day e-mail an interesting quote to people on the
Internet. The quotes are inspirational, witty and insightful. We dont charge
for this service and we hope youll want to be a part of it.

If you would like to join our mailing, send e-mail to

And put your name in the body of the message.

Later, if you like, you can stop receiving this mailing by sending e-mail to

(jkaMpQ)

1. help with double and single quotes, there must be a better way

Is this the way to do it?
or am I making it harder the it really is?

In an ASP page, to store the single quotes I use a function to replace
the single quote with 2 single quotes

to store a string like: msg="This is a test message "TEST" a'test"
rs("field")= fixstring(msg)

and to display it in HTML I have to:
<%=UnFixString(server.HTMLEncode(rs("field")))%>

<%
Function FixString(str) 'replace 1 single with 2 single
                FixString = Replace(str, "'", "''")
end function
%>

then to display it I have to replace the 2 single quotes with 1 single
quote

<%
function UnFixString(str)       'replace 2 single with 1 single
        UnFixString=Replace(str, "''", "'")
end function
%>

2. launch exe with xp_cmdshell

3. Quotes in strings - better not to have?

4. Exchange 2000 and SQL2000 on same cluster can it be done

5. Best way to store quotes

6. Clipper vs FoxPro

7. Good Quotes (zjxahm)

8. Logging Network Info To SQL Database