Borland Paradox Engine 3.0 and Y2K

Post by Larry Huising » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to fix a Y2K problem in a Turbo Pascal 6 program that uses
the Borland Paradox Engine (Ver 3.0).  For some reason the original
programmer (no longer with the company) put a piece of code into the
program so that if a particular Paradox date field was greater than
12/31/1999 he blanked out the field.  That seems suspicious to me.  Are
there some year 2000 issues I need to know about in the Paradox Engine?
I am unfamiliar with Paradox but have been given the "opportunity" to
try and fix the problem.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Larry Huisingh

(Delete the NOSPAM part of the address when replying)

Post by Steve Gree » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to fix a Y2K problem in a Turbo Pascal 6 program that uses

> the Borland Paradox Engine (Ver 3.0).  For some reason the original
> programmer (no longer with the company) put a piece of code into the
> program so that if a particular Paradox date field was greater than
> 12/31/1999 he blanked out the field.  That seems suspicious to me.
> Are
> there some year 2000 issues I need to know about in the Paradox
> Engine?

No issues.. sounds like the programmer assumed that if the date was
bigger than 12/31/99 that it was an error..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

1. Borland Database Engine: Paradox and DbiDeleteRecord

Hello,

I've a problem using the Borland Database Engine. I want to delete a
record with the value "id" (long int) in field 1. Using the follow steps
DbiDeleteRecord returns "DBIERR_NOCURRREC".

DbiPutField(mHCur, mRecBuf, 1, (pBYTE) &id);
DbiSetToKey(mHCur, keySEARCHEQ, FALSE, 0, 0, mRecBuf));
DbiGetRecord(mHCur, dbiWRITELOCK, mRecBuf, NULL);
DbiDeleteRecord(mHCur, mRecBuf);

Any idea what's wrong?

Juergen

2. Sybase FAQ: 1/8 - index

3. Borland Paradox Engine v3.0 problem

4. Command object connection - pooled?

5. Paradox / Borland database engine?

6. how to lock a set of records?

7. Paradox/Borland database engine?

8. 461: File open error.?

9. Paradox Engine, Borland Power Pack

10. Paradox Engine 3.01 DLL and Borland Power Pack for DOS

11. Borland Paradox Engine: with Networked Windows

12. Linking Borland Pascal and Paradox Engine

13. Paradox 3.0 & Y2K Compliant