Table frame refresh problem

Post by Tony Wo » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a form with 1 master table and many secondary tables.
Some tables are linked to the master table and some are not.
I first noticed that some table frames that are linked to the
secondary tables are not updated, although when you move to the
record area, the message bar will give you the right number of
records for that table frame (but the table frame stays blank, etc).
I have to move around tables and then I attach some tcursors to the
table frames and call resync().  I do not think it should be that
awkward.  I still cannot get all the tables to refresh correctly.
I you know what I am missing, please help.  Thank you.

Tony Wong

Table frame refresh problem

Post by Adrian M » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Paradox sometimes actually does enter entries into a table frame, but
above the actual viewbale area (i.e you have to click on the scroll
bar on the edge of a tabkle frame to see the new entry). This is
easily solvable with a locate.

Another problem is the actual refresh rate you have selected. Go into
preferences, and set the refresh rate to be 1 second (I think it
defaults to about 15 seconds).

Simon  Keefe

>I have a form with 1 master table and many secondary tables.
>Some tables are linked to the master table and some are not.
>I first noticed that some table frames that are linked to the
>secondary tables are not updated, although when you move to the
>record area, the message bar will give you the right number of
>records for that table frame (but the table frame stays blank, etc).
>I have to move around tables and then I attach some tcursors to the
>table frames and call resync().  I do not think it should be that
>awkward.  I still cannot get all the tables to refresh correctly.
>I you know what I am missing, please help.  Thank you.
>Tony Wong

1. refreshing table frames attach to SQLSERVER

We have a number of forms with table frames attached to SQLServer tables.
When items are added/edited/deleted the table frame doesn't show the
changes. The SQL tables all have unique indexes and I have tried using
forceRefresh() both on the tableframe (UIObject) and on any tcursors
attached to the table. Querying the database reveals the entries are in the
table. If another form is called and then closed from the original table,
the refresh occurs. Any ideas how I can make it refresh ?

Pracctice Ltd

2. Query Error- "Expecting a column separator in column header"

3. Table frames linked to table frames in a report

4. Problem with multiple databases in a single 4GL program

5. How To Refresh Query In Frame?

6. Help!! Help!!! Help!!!! TDBEdit Question?

7. Refresh combo box in a page frame.

8. Standalone CD database

9. Windows4GL Frame Refresh Rate when Using StackFields

10. Problems with a Table Frame

11. Table frame display problem

12. Paradox Table Frame Scroll Bar Problem

13. problem of 2nd record in table frame for pdox 7