Filter in tables [PARADOX for DOS]

Post by Marko Cu » Wed, 27 Jul 1994 18:26:59

Hello,

is it possible to filter records in a table (shown by COEDIT or EDIT)
under PARADOX for DOS?
I also want to change the record - so a query is bad because I can
only change records in the answer table - but I want to change a
record in the original table.
For example, I want to show AND edit all records with the value
1 in field 2.

Does anybody knows a way to do that?

Marko

Post by sy.. » Wed, 27 Jul 1994 17:43:50

IM>Hello,

IM>is it possible to filter records in a table (shown by COEDIT or EDIT)
IM>under PARADOX for DOS?
IM>I also want to change the record - so a query is bad because I can
IM>only change records in the answer table - but I want to change a
IM>record in the original table.
IM>For example, I want to show AND edit all records with the value
IM>1 in field 2.

IM>Does anybody knows a way to do that?

IM>Marko

There are several easy ways.  One is to do the query, change the records
and then add "answer" table to your table and update it.  The other way
is to use a ShowDialog with PickDynArray and write changes to the table
as they are made to the arrays.

Ashar

BAYLINE BBS!

Filter in tables [PARADOX for DOS]

Post by LIVIUS FEINBA » Thu, 28 Jul 1994 10:38:47

Quote:

>Hello,

>is it possible to filter records in a table (shown by COEDIT or EDIT)
>under PARADOX for DOS?
>I also want to change the record - so a query is bad because I can
>only change records in the answer table - but I want to change a
>record in the original table.
>For example, I want to show AND edit all records with the value
>1 in field 2.

>Does anybody knows a way to do that?

>Marko

Check out a PDOX add-in package called "Renaissance" from  Ensamble corp.
This has exactly what you are looking for.

-Liv

Filter in tables [PARADOX for DOS]

Post by FrontM » Sun, 07 Aug 1994 12:28:04

Try a CHANGETO query.

1. sharing tables between Paradox 4.0 for DOS and Paradox 9

I am upgrading from Paradox 4.0 for DOS to Paradox 9.

Can Paradox 4.0 for DOS share tables in the same directory with
Paradox 9?

I have tested sharing tables between the two programs, and there seem
to be no problems.  All of my old tables were created with Paradox 4.0
for DOS.  I would like to know if anyone has experienced any problems
sharing tables between these two programs.

Can I open and edit tables created with Paradox 9 with Paradox 4.0?

I am asking these things because I have multiple users sharing the
same tables.  It may not be possible to upgrade all of my users at the
same time.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Joe Hargis

2. Trying to install 8i on SCO UW

3. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

4. Setting the focus in a form

5. Filtered Paradox Table and the DBGrid

6. What kind of locks does DBCC Showcontig hold?

7. Filter a Paradox table on a Logical field

8. reduce Access 97 file's size with picture

9. Problems filtering Paradox Tables

10. Filters in Paradox tables

11. Filtering Paradox Tables

12. BDE 2.52 and Paradox DOS 3.5 tables