Import of RapidFile tables

Post by Vidar Johnse » Sun, 02 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Request for help:

I am trying to import a small file created with the infamous flat-file
database from the past named RapidFile (single file on format *.rpd).
Conversion to any more common database format or plain text will do, I
just need to get to the data in that file somehow.

Have someone done this before? Does anybody know how to do it?

Thx. in advance for any help.
----8<---------8<-----------8<---------8<----------

   //  //
  /~   ~\     Vidar Johnsen
 | O   O |    Oslo, Norway

Quote:>|   Z   |<

 \  \_/  /
  \_____/

Import of RapidFile tables

Post by Graham Harriso » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Request for help:

> I am trying to import a small file created with the infamous flat-file
> database from the past named RapidFile (single file on format *.rpd).
> Conversion to any more common database format or plain text will do, I
> just need to get to the data in that file somehow.

> Have someone done this before? Does anybody know how to do it?

> Thx. in advance for any help.
> ----8<---------8<-----------8<---------8<----------

>    //  //
>   /~   ~\     Vidar Johnsen
>  | O   O |    Oslo, Norway
> >|   Z   |<
>  \  \_/  /
>   \_____/

You can ask RapidFile to export your data into a flat file.
See the manual.
--

Graham Harrison
Sun Certified Java Programmer

1. Import of RapidFile tables

Request for help:

I am trying to import a small file created with the infamous flat-file
database from the past named RapidFile (single file on format *.rpd).
Conversion to any more common database format or plain text will do, I
just need to get to the data in that file somehow.

Have someone done this before? Does anybody know how to do it?

Thx. in advance for any help.
----8<---------8<-----------8<---------8<----------

   //  //
  /~   ~\     Vidar Johnsen
 | O   O |    Oslo, Norway
 \  \_/  /
  \_____/

2. @@ERROR vs try and catch

3. Converting Rapidfile without rapidfile software

4. Theory question (but need to use in practice)

5. CREATE TABLE or Import results in new table being flagged as SYSTEM table

6. D3 vs Universe for sequential file access

7. Dts Import Question:Importing Csv file in an existing SQL2000 table with row-level conditions

8. 4683-GA-Atlanta-ORACLE Financials-ORACLE Manufacturing-DBA Skills-ORACLE-Database Administrator

9. Can import tables but can I import views??

10. DTS Import Excel - Create Table based on import

11. Execulting DTS package via ASP to import table - No data imported

12. Replacement of rapidfile

13. Rapidfile for windows