Paradox Filename extensions - ?

Post by Sasch » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
i try to convert a PARDOX DB to ACCESS.
Could anybody tell me the meaning of the Paradox Fileextensions:
  .txt
  .db
  .tv
  .rsl

Thanx, Sascha

Paradox Filename extensions - ?

Post by Timo Herra » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello, Sascha

Quote:>Could anybody tell me the meaning of the Paradox Fileextensions:
>  .txt
>  .db
>  .tv
>  .rsl

.db = Pdox table
.tv = table view settings for a table
.rsl = saved report

.txt = not specifically a Pdox file, commonly used in any plain text (ASCII) file

Cheers, Timo

Paradox Filename extensions - ?

Post by Adrian M » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

TXT - a text file (nothing to do with Paradox database files)
DB  - the actual database file. There are more files to do with the
database file itself, though.

TV  - A database related file
RSL - A paradox report, undelivered.

The extensions to do with paradox tables are:

DB
TV
VAL (a DB validation file)
YG?
XG?
PX (indexation)

The '?' will be replaced by numbers 0,1...

When converting dtabase files, it is best to write a script in
ObjectPAL to perform the process. It is possible to export database
files from Paradox into numerous formats which will make the
conversion process easier. It is very difficult to convert a Paradox
DB to any other format simply by hand, as there (as can be seen) many
different file formats all related to a single table.

I hope this helps

Simon Keefe

>Hi,
>i try to convert a PARDOX DB to ACCESS.
>Could anybody tell me the meaning of the Paradox Fileextensions:
>  .txt
>  .db
>  .tv
>  .rsl
>Thanx, Sascha

"Life is a lemon and I want my money back"

1. Help on Paradox Filename Extensions

Could anyone please tell me what are all the extensions ( table.x02 ...
table.y09 ) that are created.
I have created the table using Database Desktop but cannot find any
information on these files and whether or not they can be removed.

I am relatively new to databases so any help or pointers would be
appreciated

-- Steven Hardie

2. RDBMSs that support 7x24 operation?

3. The filename or extension is too long

4. Mirroring: Informix or AIX 4.1.5

5. database type based on filename extensions

6. TN-NASHVILLE-25548--ORACLE-Oracle Developer

7. Spool filename Extension URGENT

8. Test

9. Piclan-IP / Coyote filename extensions

10. Invalid Filename when accessing Paradox databases

11. Paradox extension other than DB

12. Paradox 5 Data files extension

13. Win 95 + Paradox = GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:1323 -- Leaving Paradox