query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by Stxkink » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

ok here goes...
i have a database set up with many records that are listed like this...
there is an "agency name" then a "contact name" for each agency.
BUT, there can be more than one "site" for each agency, with a related
"contact name" for each "site".
SO...
i know that when i run a query, if i use a single check mark next to a
column name, it will sort out all the dupicates.  which is exactly what i
want.
i need to print a list of all my agencies and the address etc, sorting out
all the duplicated "agency names" that come up due to the multiple
"sites".

as u can see, it is kinda complicated, but if any 1 can provide me wih
help, i would appreciate it so much...

thanks.

Post by Sean C. Fishe » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> ok here goes...
> i have a database set up with many records that are listed like this...
> there is an "agency name" then a "contact name" for each agency.
> BUT, there can be more than one "site" for each agency, with a related
> "contact name" for each "site".
> SO...
> i know that when i run a query, if i use a single check mark next to a
> column name, it will sort out all the dupicates.  which is exactly what i
> want.
> i need to print a list of all my agencies and the address etc, sorting out
> all the duplicated "agency names" that come up due to the multiple
> "sites".

> as u can see, it is kinda complicated, but if any 1 can provide me wih
> help, i would appreciate it so much...

> thanks.

Not sure what your problem is but here's a few ideas.
1) If you want a report which prints each agency followed the all its
sites then use a group band and put the agency name in there and
the site address in the record band (if your data is denormalized)
otherwise you have to link the agency table with the sites table
2) If you just want a list of agencies, follow the above and clear out
the record band and shrink it to zero.
Hope this helps.

* SCF Consulting, Calgary, AB
*
* 'There are more objects in Mainframe and the Net
*  than are formulated in your paradigm, Bob'

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. Viewing the Error Log through Enterprise Manager.

3. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

4. toolbar button on CDialogbar

5. help help help help help help help help help

6. "find-operation" crashes file server

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. Password exposed

9. NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP HELP HELP...

10. Help help help help

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

12. HELP HELP HELP HELP

13. HELP HELP HELP