Integration with Phone Systems

Post by poneil » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:11:56

We have been asked by a client to write a system which will log the
durationof outgoing calls .  This will then be logged to the database
and we can generate reports etc on who was called when.

Has anyone done this before and is so can you give me some starter
points.  Do we need to have them initiate the calls using the database
and then in some when track when the call has been terminated ?

any pointers at all would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Paula

Post by Steven Gree » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:28:59

> We have been asked by a client to write a system which will log the
> durationof outgoing calls .  This will then be logged to the database
> and we can generate reports etc on who was called when.

many modern phone systems include software that does that kind of logging,
with export files to port the data for you.. have you checked into that?

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by Oscar Santiesteban Jr » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:56:38

Can I ask what PBX switch you are using? I did this from a Siemens Rolm
switch, I read from the COM port the data.  Like start time, end time, phone
dialed.  etc...

Quote:

> We have been asked by a client to write a system which will log the
> durationof outgoing calls .  This will then be logged to the database
> and we can generate reports etc on who was called when.

> Has anyone done this before and is so can you give me some starter
> points.  Do we need to have them initiate the calls using the database
> and then in some when track when the call has been terminated ?

> any pointers at all would be gratefully received.

> Thanks in advance

> Paula

> --

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by poneil » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:27:18

Thanks for the prompt answer.  I think the client has an antique phone
system , but have to visist them to check.  Most of the call logging
systems we have heard about log  incoming calls, we want to log outgoing
against a particular customer.  This we can then match to the phone
records to get an exact cost and the client then uses the record for
billing purpoases.  They want to get an exact cost per telephone call
that can be logged to a client irrespective of the number they are
dialling..

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by poneil » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:29:05

The information on reading from the com ports is exactly what I
wanted to hear.  I can check into the phone swuitch used, but did you
use specific software to get the information or did you manage it
through Paradox?

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by marco » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:42:05

Quote:> Can I ask what PBX switch you are using? I did this from a Siemens Rolm
> switch, I read from the COM port the data.

but not with pdx, didnt you? I was obliged to use delphi.
ciao
marco

 Like start time, end time, phone

> dialed.  etc...

> > We have been asked by a client to write a system which will log the
> > durationof outgoing calls .  This will then be logged to the database
> > and we can generate reports etc on who was called when.

> > Has anyone done this before and is so can you give me some starter
> > points.  Do we need to have them initiate the calls using the database
> > and then in some when track when the call has been terminated ?

> > any pointers at all would be gratefully received.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Paula

> > --

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by Oscar Santiesteban Jr » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:28:38

You are right Marco, I used Turbo Pascal to create a program that read the
PBX switch and created a flat text file (csv) that was read by Paradox.

Quote:

> > Can I ask what PBX switch you are using? I did this from a Siemens Rolm
> > switch, I read from the COM port the data.

> but not with pdx, didnt you? I was obliged to use delphi.
> ciao
> marco

Integration with Phone Systems

Post by Phil Hassi » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:24:56

Could this approach be used to store sound recordings of phone calls into
the Pdx database as well?

Phil

1. IL-CHICAGO-263709--Systems Integration-CORBA-UNIX-ORACLE-Director of System Integration

=
Company    : Roy Talman & Associates
Website    : http://www.roy-talman.com
Job Title  : Director of System Integration
Location   : CHICAGO, IL
Job Type   : Contract or Full-Time Salaried
============================

Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000 + Stock Options

Company Description: Pre-IPO B2B internet company with solid backing.
Completed first round of VC funding. Hope to IPO in Q2 2001.

Requirements: A very technical hands-on manager to lead a systems integration
effort for this B2B pre-IPO startup. This is a Java, Corba, JEB, Unix and
Oracle environment. Solid prior software development background, strong Java,
JEB, Corba, Unix, and Oracle background is required.

Duties: Will be responsible for integration and customization of the software
being developed by 3 subcontractors. Work closely with customers in the
customization face to make sure the system delivers usable functionality.

Remember to include the job number and the name of the Counselor you are
working with (if you already have one).

Feel free to forward this e-mail to a friend.

Travel Required          :15% or less
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Systems Integration
* CORBA
* UNIX
* ORACLE
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 3092IRT
Roy Talman

** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** AltaVista   *** ClassifiedsWarehouse
   ** erpcentral.com   ** Classifieds 2000     ** Usenet Newsgroups
           ** VBOnline.com   ** ORASearch.com

2. DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question

3. Data Integration Inc. Phone#

4. Need Help w /Old Progress Database to Access 7.0

5. DC-Washington DC Metro-259782--Systems Integration-System Analysis-MS ACCESS-ORA

6. Upgrading to Oracle 8.0.5 to HP-UX 11.0

7. ROLLUP in SQL 7.0 - any difference to 6.5?

8. FoxPro 2.x for Windows Accessing Caller ID phone system

9. FOXPRO PHONE SYSTEM/REAL TIME DEVELOPEMT

10. Database / legacy & business systems / VPN integration

11. US-TX-Houston-Oracle Software/System Integration Professional Needed

12. CA-ORACLE SYSTEM/INTEGRATION TESTERS