Paradox ObjectPal and Word Basic

Post by Len Johnso » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I can open an ole field holding a word document ok.  I can edit the
document manually and copy it back  ok.

I need to change thousands of such word documents in exactly the same
way.  I want to use word basic with an objectpal handle to do this.  I
can't find a suitable handle.  Can anyone tell me how to do it please.
(Paradox 8 by the way).
Thanks
Len Johnson

Paradox ObjectPal and Word Basic

Post by Wristd » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:36:53

I tried forever to get an ole/word link established and could not.  I instead
decided on a dde link which has proven very stable.  I use dde to open Word and
send it all the word basic commands to do the changes, save them, or print
them, then close the dde link.

If your interested in dde instead of ole, leave a post and I'll cut and paste
an example.

Paradox ObjectPal and Word Basic

Post by Len Johnso » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Wristdoc,
Thanks for your reply.

I would love to see an example of your dde coding.  Thanks

Len Johnson

> I tried forever to get an ole/word link established and could not.  I instead
> decided on a dde link which has proven very stable.  I use dde to open Word and
> send it all the word basic commands to do the changes, save them, or print
> them, then close the dde link.

> If your interested in dde instead of ole, leave a post and I'll cut and paste
> an example.

1. ObjectPal and Word 97

I have been using Paradox 7 to control MSWord for some time now.
         (using "WordBasic")
I have just upgraded to "Word 97" which has a completely different set of
"Basic"
commands.

Can anyone offer suggestions on what I am doing wrong:

In old Word, this would work from a Paradox form        :
        str1 = "I came from paradox!"
        ddevar.execute("[EndofDocument]")
        ddevar.execute(str1)
        etc.

In Word 97, the end of document command is something more like this:
        Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
        Selection.TypeText Text:="I came from paradox!"

Due to this change, I presumed that the new ObjectPal code should be:

        ddevar.execute("Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory")
        ddevar.execute("Selection.Typetext Text:=\""I came from paradox!\"")
        etc.

This doesn't work!!!!!!
can anyone offer any suggestions on how to control Word 97 documents from
Paradox?

Thanks,
Aaron Lauve

2. CA-Belmont-93808--Project Management-Webserver-Oracle Webserver-ORACLE Forms-ORA

3. PDOXWIN v.1 ObjectPAL report to MS-WORD v.2

4. Chicago: Essbase / OLAP Opportunities

5. ObjectPal - Visual Basic

6. SQL Server List

7. ObjectPAL vs Visual Basic 3.0

8. Triggers & Row updates

9. ObjectPal Runtime vs. Visual Basic

10. Equivalent to EventInfo.Reason in Paradox ObjectPAL?

11. Equivalent to DisableDefault in Paradox's ObjectPAL?

12. CA-Paradox and ObjectPal P/A

13. Translating ObjectPAL (Paradox)