Paradox Engine for Paradox 4.x DOS

Post by Robert Kno » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I was told by Borland customer service that the Paradox Engine (C and
Pascal routines) is included with Paradox 4.5 DOS.  Is this correct?  Is
SQL Link included as well in that version?

Paradox Engine for Paradox 4.x DOS

Post by Kasey Cha » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I was told by Borland customer service that the Paradox Engine (C and
>Pascal routines) is included with Paradox 4.5 DOS.  Is this correct?  Is
>SQL Link included as well in that version?

I think they are dreaming. It's always a separate product. SQL Links
are separate too.

Paradox Engine for Paradox 4.x DOS

Robert, I think that neither are !!.

Post by Frederic MARA » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>I was told by Borland customer service that the Paradox Engine (C and
>Pascal routines) is included with Paradox 4.5 DOS.  Is this correct?  Is
>SQL Link included as well in that version?

Actually, neither is included, and the Paradox Engine is no longer
available : the last copy from the obsolete stock was sold only some
weeks ago.

However, some arrangements can be found for customers with a very
specific need for DOS-based Paradox access. Please contact me if this is
your case.
-------------------------
   Frederic G. MARAND
  Agorus SA / OSI SARL

-------------------------

1. PARADOX ENGINE in DOS and PARADOX database

RE: BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE + DFX

We have used BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE Version 3.01, to create an application
about 3 years ago. Our customers have been happy using these for a long
time.
Only recently  one of customer wanted to access the Database files, using
your
standard PARADOX Database to access the Database which is created using
the ENGINE. Although we have not tried this ourselves we, assumed it
should be O.K and quite straight forward to do.

When the customer attempted to open the Files using The PARADOX database
it Prompts for a Password to access the database files.
As we did not use any Password or any password functions when creating the
database files, we are not sure why is it is asking for a password.

We need anyone's expert advice on what has caused this database to prompt
for
a Password, and how do we get round this as our customer has lot of this
files
created over last 2 years.

Please note when we attempted this using the Microsoft Queries (MS ODBC)
using the Paradox Driver and we could not access it either as it prompted
for a password.

Please HELP !!!!

2. XPs and Web Services??

3. Paradox SE, Paradox 3/3.5 Paradox Engine

4. Visual Basic and Access 95

5. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

6. Delphi 2.0 and Apollo 2.5.2

7. Paradox engine for Dos and SQL link

8. Access Database in cgi-bin

9. Paradox Engine 3.5 for DOS help needed!

10. Paradox Database Engine For DOS

11. Paradox engine 3.0 - Dos C++ programing

12. Latest Paradox Engine for Dos???

13. Paradox DOS & Engine interaction