idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

Post by Frank Scheldema » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have bc 5.01 running on my computer using IDAPI

I have now also installed bcb 5 on the same computer with a later
version of idapi, but in a different directory.

When i run an older program in bc 5.01 i always have
the idapi  error "could not load language driver.

Anyone has experiences with this problem and what to do about it????

Thx very much

Frank Scheldeman.

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. bufwaits too high

3. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

4. Unencrypted password and username in ODBC-Connection-String

5. BDE 2.52 versus IDAPI 2.0

6. Monitoring Sybase Performance

7. Is 32 bit IDAPI slower than 16 bit IDAPI ?

8. Windows 32-bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task

9. IDAPI in Win95 using Paradox 5..how do you change pathnames in IDAPI ?

10. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp - vb.txt [01/01]

11. Putting Text into Grid - dbase.nx [01/01]

12. **MAKING MONEY FOR YOU OWN DATABASE - a.txt [01/01]

13. Select by job date stopped working on 13/01/01