Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Yves Couett » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:03:39

Hello.

Is it possible to get a good running of the DOS version 3.5 of Paradox
on Windows ME OS?

I actually use it, without problem, on Windows 98 SE.

If it's OK: are they some changes in parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Yves

Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Steven Gree » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:43:15

> Is it possible to get a good running of the DOS version 3.5 of Paradox
> on Windows ME OS?

no..

Quote:> I actually use it, without problem, on Windows 98 SE.

that's what you think <sigh>.. you can't safely use 3.x with any version
of Windows.. you need to use 4.02 or 4.5.. a serious diagnostic on your
tables will likely show *many* long-term problems that can no longer be
easily fixed..

--
Steve Green
Waldorf Maryland USA

Corel CTech - Paradox
Diamond Software Group, Inc.
http://www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
--
Sports Cards and Memorabilia
Diamond Sports Gems

Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Michel Clavea » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:32:19

Yes,

With Pocket-DOS, in MS-DOS 6.22 emulation.

A+
--
Michel Claveau

site :  http://mclaveau.com

Quote:> Hello.

> Is it possible to get a good running of the DOS version 3.5 of Paradox
> on Windows ME OS?

> I actually use it, without problem, on Windows 98 SE.

> If it's OK: are they some changes in parameters?

> Thanks in advance.

> Yves

Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Steven Gree » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:36:44

> With Pocket-DOS, in MS-DOS 6.22 emulation.

> > Is it possible to get a good running of the DOS version 3.5 of Paradox
> > on Windows ME OS?

> > I actually use it, without problem, on Windows 98 SE.

you can't safely use pdoxdos 3.x under *any* version of windows.. the memory
management is 100% incompatible.. you *must* use pdoxdos 4.x under windows

--
------------------------------

Steve Green
Waldorf Maryland USA

http://www.diamondsg.com

------------------------------
Diamond Software Group, Inc.
Corel CTech - Paradox Support
------------------------------
Diamond Sports Gems
Sports Cards and Memorabilia
------------------------------

Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Michel Clavea » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:19:47

It's possible to use Pdox 3.5 under Windows, but... with only 640 Ko RAM
(under Paradox => 60 to 120 Ko free).

Yes, with Pdox 4.5 : less problems, but you can limit  VCPI memory to 8 Mo.

A+

--
Michel Claveau

site :  http://mclaveau.com

> > With Pocket-DOS, in MS-DOS 6.22 emulation.

> > > Is it possible to get a good running of the DOS version 3.5 of Paradox
> > > on Windows ME OS?

> > > I actually use it, without problem, on Windows 98 SE.

> you can't safely use pdoxdos 3.x under *any* version of windows.. the
memory
> management is 100% incompatible.. you *must* use pdoxdos 4.x under windows

> --
> ------------------------------

> Steve Green
> Waldorf Maryland USA

> http://www.diamondsg.com

> ------------------------------
> Diamond Software Group, Inc.
> Corel CTech - Paradox Support
> ------------------------------
> Diamond Sports Gems
> Sports Cards and Memorabilia
> ------------------------------

Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

Post by Steven Gree » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:19:57

> It's possible to use Pdox 3.5 under Windows, but... with only 640 Ko RAM
> (under Paradox => 60 to 120 Ko free).

> Yes, with Pdox 4.5 : less problems, but you can limit  VCPI memory to 8 Mo.

I'm sorry, but that is still incorrect.. it still won't be stable.. if you
insist on doing this, your data is at risk.. it's a lot smarter to just switch
to 4.02 like I suggested..

--

Steve Green
Waldorf Maryland USA