Remove the 1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] Messgae

Post by Ken Ostr » Sat, 08 Oct 1994 06:28:52

> > Subject: Re: Remove the 1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] Messgae

> > Bartels) writes:
> >>Hi all,
> >> What whould be the best way to remove the
> >> 1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] message example from the status window.
> >> This is the only message I need to trap and remove, because I
> >> do not what user seeing what db files are in use from my forms.
> >> Thanks for your help
> > go to the STATUS method at the form level:
> > method status(..)
> > if eventInfo.isPrefilter() then
> >   disableDefault
> > endif
> > endmethod
>If I do it this way, all messages are disabled.
>It would be better to have just that kind of message being disabled, but I have
>not found any way to do this than to examine the textstring.

method status(..)
if eventInfo.isPrefilter() then
  if search(eventInfo.statusValue(),".DB") <> 0
    or match(eventInfo.statusValue(),"..of..[") <> 0 then

    disableDefault
  endif
endif
endmethod

that will disable any message that has a tablename ending with .DB or .DBF and
will also disable messages with "x of x [table.ext]" messages

--

||   || ||\/|| ||=||   |||     Phone : (408) 425-7455
!!!! !! !!  !! !! !! !!   !!   Fax   : (408) 425-7516

Quote: > Bartels) writes:

 >>Hi all,

 >> What whould be the best way to remove the
 >> 1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] message example from the status window.

 >> This is the only message I need to trap and remove, because I
 >> do not what user seeing what db files are in use from my forms.

 >> Thanks for your help

 > go to the STATUS method at the form level:

 > method status(..)
 > if eventInfo.isPrefilter() then
 >   disableDefault
 > endif
 > endmethod

If I do it this way, all messages are disabled.
It would be better to have just that kind of message being disabled, but I have
not found any way to do this than to examine the textstring.

---
Mathias Jonsson

1. Remove the 1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] Messgae

Hi all,

        What whould be the best way to remove the
        1 Of 6 [DATABASE.DB] message example from the status window.

        This is the only message I need to trap and remove, because I
        do not what user seeing what db files are in use from my forms.

        Thanks for your help

        Huet Bartels

2. DBPROCESS and Server Licenses

3. RD0138 messgae

4. Text data type dimension

5. REMOVE, remove, PLEASE REMOVE this idoit out of this group

6. Foxbase+ Uncompiler

7. Suspect (Is there any way to remove the suspect db flag)

8. Sound Object Problem: VB5's bug or what??!!

9. how to reuse db files after removing SQL totally

10. remove publication where db no longer exists

11. removing repl info from a previously published DB

12. *Completely* removing publishing info from a db / Category bits

13. Removing replication "setting" from distributor DB