Using OPAL to print a form?

Post by Tom Li » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Could someone give me advice on printing a form using OPAL?
I tried "form1.action(MenuFilePrint)", didn't work.

Thanks.

Using OPAL to print a form?

Post by Joris Teunisse » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Could someone give me advice on printing a form using OPAL?
>I tried "form1.action(MenuFilePrint)", didn't work.

>Thanks.

Well it is a bit of an easy question but:

var
  r Report
endvar

r.print("reportname")

goodluck
Joris Teunissen

Using OPAL to print a form?

Post by Darry » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Could someone give me advice on printing a form using OPAL?
> I tried "form1.action(MenuFilePrint)", didn't work.

> Thanks.Hi Tom,

The action constant is "dataPrint", ie. f.action(dataPrint) where f is a
form variable.

Using OPAL to print a form?

Post by Bob Barro » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Could someone give me advice on printing a form using OPAL?
>I tried "form1.action(MenuFilePrint)", didn't work.
>Thanks.

 Either

form1.menuaction(MenuFilePrint)

or

form1.action(dataprint)

will work. Which one you use depends on what code you have in your form (if
any) to trap Print commands (I often trap print commands to make buttons
and other distractions invisible while the form is printing and make them
visible again when the printing is completed).,

1. Printing forms with OPal

Hello all, I'm using Pdox 4.5 for Windows.

For reasons I won't delve into now my application prints forms and not
reports.  My problem is that when I use an action(menuFilePrint) I get a
dialog box pop up asking for # of copies with OK and Cancel buttons.

The application prints a 'package' of several forms and I want the user
to choose the # of copies of the whole package elsewhere and then click
OK and just have each form load and print without this user intervention.

How can I click the OK button for the user or avoid the dialog box entirely
when printing each form?

I've heard mention of a sendKeys method - can this work. It seems that
once I send the print command, OPal loses control until the user clicks
OK or Cancel.

Help. Help. Help.

--
Tim Frith

2. Record Delimiter Bug in FoxProd 2.5 Mac?

3. How do you print a form from OPAL ?

4. 2nd step Modify a portal row

5. PDXW 1.0 Printing form from OPAL script

6. ANSI SQL COMPATIBILITY

7. Printing controls to make printed forms using Printform.

8. General MAPI Error

9. Form filter using OPAL???

10. Moving between fields in a form using OPAL

11. Print a report using command button on a form

12. Printing forms using pushbutton routine

13. Printing form using objectpal