125 queries

Post by RPrenPho » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Don't ask why, but I have discovered that I can run 125 consecutive queries on
the same table, same search field with varying criteria. Each time the results
are added to a second table. The 126th time the query goes invalid. Exiting and
relaunching provides another round of 125 queries. P7 32 BDE3.5 and P7 Runtime
both go south at 126.

Is there any way to increase this. Can anyone reproduce this? Does anyone want
to?

Comments are welcome.

RP

125 queries

Post by Bob Stub » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Howdy:

I tried to duplicate the situation you discribed and couldn't.  Here's
the code that I used:

method run(var eventInfo Event)
  var
      qStmt     query
      count     smallInt
      qVar      string
   endVar
   count = 1
   while true
        message("query " + strval(count))
        qVar = "98" + format("w3,ar,ez", count)
        qStmt = query

                answer: :priv:answer.db

                       !inv_98.db       |       invoice number  |
                          checkPlus     |       ~qVar           |

        endQuery
      if not executeQBE(qStmt) then errorShow() return endif
      if isEmpty(":priv:answer.db") then
        quitloop
      endif
      add(":priv:answer.db", "testTbl.db")
      delete("priv:answer.db")
      count = count + 1
   endWhile
endMethod

This code cycles through my invoice table, extracting out each invoice
record and adding it to another table.  I've got ~250 invoices for the
year.  The code executes fine.

I'm using P7/32 (with patches) on NT4 (sp4) machine, BDE 3.0.

HTH.

Bob

125 queries

Post by RPrenPho » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Bob,

Come to think of it. I'm actually running a pair of queries on separate tables
and merging the results to one table. I seems that it's not the number of
queries per table but the number of queries period. This would make for 250
queries.

I was looking at your code.

Is it beneficial to delete the Answer table before re-executing the query?

I'll try my code with that line added.

Maybe you try running  your code 250+ times without deleting the Answer table.

RP

125 queries

Post by KRULL » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is it beneficial to delete the Answer table before re-executing the query?

it is not necessary

125 queries

Post by KRULL » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have discovered that I can run 125 consecutive queries on
>the same table, same search field with varying criteria. Each time the
>results
>are added to a second table. The 126th time the query goes invalid. Exiting
>and
>relaunching provides another round of 125 queries. P7 32 BDE3.5 and P7
>Runtime
>both go south at 126.

do you know exactly what the error is? the code or the message?

125 queries

Post by RPrenPho » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>do you know exactly what the error is? the code or the message?

A vague error dialog says: "Some Internal limit(see context)"

I wish someone would come clean about internal limits

1. Java Contract Opportunity (2) in NYC (90-125/hour) NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Interested candidates must be able to start immediately (Monday, 4/1)
The company is not sponsoring at this time and the will be done on-site.

Senior Java Programmer / Architect

Qualified candidates will have strong Java and Object Oriented Design experience,
including Web based Architect and Design, UML MODELING,  Javascript or VBScript /
VB Script with database experience including SQL Server or Oracle. NT is a major
plus. The background of the selected candidates will be either \"C\" or C++ on Unix
or in the PC environment prior to their web development experience. Mainframe
experience is OK but it needs to be prior to Unix / PC mainframe --> PC or Unix -->
Web experience. A heavy PC / Unix candidate would make the transition to the web
better than a candidate with just mainframe. The selected candidate will want to
design and develop (code).  Design N-tier, web-based solutions, load balancing fail
over (recovery), authentication, Java, Javascript Desirable skills: NT, COM, XML.

Duration: Consultant/Fulltime
Pay Rate: 125hr up to 115K

===================

Java Web Developer

Job Description: Major company located in the lower area of NY and senior level
java/web programmers for 3+ month consulting assignments. Successful candidates
will have heavy experience using java and java application tools to program and
develop web related projects. JRUN, JAVA SERVLETS, JAVA BEANS, EJB. Object Oriented
Programming.

Duration: Consultant/Fulltime
Pay Rate: 90hr up to 90K

Interested candidates must be able to start immediately (Monday, 4/1)
The company is not sponsoring at this time and the will be done on-site.

2. virtual folder

3. Oracle8i Install on Linux chokes - 125 MB ram not enough

4. About the timestamp

5. Should a temporary segment disappear after 125 minutes?

6. The Price of Object Oriented Database Systems for Education

7. IDS 7.31 TC2 on NT 4.0: (125) connection rejected

8. sql server transaction log back up?

9. Paradox Table in Delphi wont accept more than 125 records

10. Plug-in for 125% zoom setting

11. Visa-Link 125 Terminals

12. Printer Not Ready (error 125)