IDAPI Config Problem

Post by Rick Mille » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to set up an IDAPI32.CFG file for use with Oracle
programmatically via ObjectPAL.  I have figured out how to set the aliases,
but can't figure out how to set the Server Name on the Oracle Driver.

Does anyone have a clue????

Miller Man

IDAPI Config Problem

Post by Mike Irwin [CTech » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Oracle's Server Name is the name of the machine hosting the database

Mike
--
Mike Irwin
[Volunteer CTech Sysop, not a Corel employee

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. ODBC Error

3. IDAPI config at runtime

4. trapping sql provider error in Excel

5. Need IDAPI config help

6. alternatives to web.sql (for other platform)

7. IDAPI Config with Paradox 5 & WFW311

8. Why does my IDAPI config keep changing??

9. pgsql/config config.guess config.sub

10. Help with config.fx, config.fp, config.fpw files

11. idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

12. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI