Updating a Paradox database from a DBase database

Updating a Paradox database from a DBase database

Post by tony9 » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Here is my situation and I believe it may call for some simple SQL, but I
still need help.  I have two applications running two different types of
databases (DBase and Paradox).  Periodically I need to upate the Paradox
database with any new information that may have been added to the DBase
database.  If I read the EmployeeID of both databases into two data
controls, what would be the best way to get the difference between the two
 in other words, retrieve a new record set that contains the EmployeeIDs
that are present in the DBase database, but not in the Paradox database)?

Thanks,
Tony

Updating a Paradox database from a DBase database

Post by Liz » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Tony,

Not sure I understand exactly what you want, but to get
records that are in one table but not in another, you would
use a query like this:

PARADOX.DB | EmployeeID     |
           | _join1 count=0 |

DBASE.DB | EmployeeID    |
         | Check _join1! |

That would get you all the EmployeeIDs that are in the dBase
table but not in the Paradox table.

Hope this helps,

Liz
---