paradox dos to windows conversion

Post by Allane Stort » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have scripts, forms, applications, etc., written in Paradox 4.0 for DOS.
Is there a method of translating them to Paradox 5.0 for Windows?

Post by itrc » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I have scripts, forms, applications, etc., written in Paradox 4.0 for DOS.
> Is there a method of translating them to Paradox 5.0 for Windows?

Borland released a utility that will convert DOS apps to Windows.  The files are
available at their FTP site.

The tool does a good job of bringing froms and reports forward.  The results are
ugly, but all relations are intact, and the fields are all there.  Spend a little
time making things pretty and your all set.

While it will migrate code, the results are more problematic.  I personally think
that you're better off redesigning and rewriting based on the advantages of the
Windows product.

Sorry, I did a quick search of the network here and couldn't find the .zip file.  If
you've really got problems finding it, I'll look some more.

best,

tim

Tim Mills-Groninger
Chair, Technology Resource Consortium (TRC)  http://www.igc.apc.org/trc/
Associate Executive Director
Information Technology Resource Center (ITRC) http://www.mcs.net/~itrc/
6 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1405
Chicago, IL 60602

voice:  312/372-4872
  fax:  312/372-7962

Post by Ehsan Rahm » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>> I have scripts, forms, applications, etc., written in Paradox 4.0 for DOS.
>> Is there a method of translating them to Paradox 5.0 for Windows?

>Borland released a utility that will convert DOS apps to Windows.  The files
are
>available at their FTP site.

>The tool does a good job of bringing froms and reports forward.  The results
are
>ugly, but all relations are intact, and the fields are all there.  Spend a
little
>time making things pretty and your all set.

>While it will migrate code, the results are more problematic.  I personally
think
>that you're better off redesigning and rewriting based on the advantages of
the
>Windows product.

>Sorry, I did a quick search of the network here and couldn't find the .zip
file.  If
>you've really got problems finding it, I'll look some more.

>best,

>tim

>Tim Mills-Groninger
>Chair, Technology Resource Consortium (TRC)  http://www.igc.apc.org/trc/
>Associate Executive Director
>Information Technology Resource Center (ITRC) http://www.mcs.net/~itrc/
>6 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1405
>Chicago, IL 60602

>voice:  312/372-4872
>  fax:  312/372-7962

The name of file is POC50r1.zip.  It is available under Borland HomePage.

1. Paradox DOS to Paradox Windows Conversion help needed

Ok, I'm reposting this again in one last cry for help. If anyone has
ANY suggestions, please respond.

Can anyone help me to either find or write a routine which duplicates
the "MultiAdd" routine found in Paradox DOS? I've never used the
routine, and don't know exactly what it should be doing. I need to
duplicate it for a conversion that I'm doing.

Someone please help

Bryan Mohr

2. Opening A Word Template

3. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

4. oracle and Access via VB

5. Help ! Paradox - DOS to Windows conversion ???

6. Oracle Resources (JOBS, RESUMES, LINKS, TUNING SCRIPT)!

7. paradox dos workshop application > windows conversion

8. ODBC test from Solairs?

9. DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

10. Paradox 4.5 for DOS and Windows 95 DOS 7.x

11. Paradox Conversion to Access or Paradox for Windows

12. Besoin d'aide pour passer de Paradox V3.5 DOS à Paradox V7 Windows