Paradox 9 Can't enter Primary Key Field

Post by esp.. » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have just had a Paradox 5 program upgraded to Paradox 9

but I when I try to enter the Primary Key Field on any of my forms,
the data is rejected.  I can't enter anything.

Probaby some simple basic step I am missing. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Richard

Paradox 9 Can't enter Primary Key Field

Post by Stefan Schade » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:35:23

Tell us more. What type is the primary Key field? Integer, Number,
Alpha, AutoIncrement??

Quote:

>I have just had a Paradox 5 program upgraded to Paradox 9

>but I when I try to enter the Primary Key Field on any of my forms,
>the data is rejected.  I can't enter anything.

>Probaby some simple basic step I am missing. Can anyone help?

>Thanks
>Richard

1. Paradox 9 Can't entry Primary Key Field ANSWER

I found the problem

I had a lookup table keyed to the primary key in the company.db I was
having trouble with

The lookup table belonged on a different table.

Once I made this change I could entry the primary key field without a
problem

Thanks for all your help

Richard

2. I can't use xmlparser.PARSER in trigger in my database 9i

3. Joined Primary Key in Foxpro (Make 1 Primary Key from 2 fields)

4. Firewall

5. ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN column SERIAL -- unexpected

6. Sorting Paradox Tables With Indexed Primary Key Fields

7. Help Using Cursors

8. Primary key fields of a Paradox Table

9. Adding PRIMARY KEY to already existing table's field

10. Enter key to move field to field

11. Passing from field to field with Enter key