Memo fields

Post by John Shar » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:41:48

I'm trying  to display and edit a memo field from a database on a form.  I can
display the memo, its in edit mode, but when I try and edit it Iget the
message "This  table is read only".  Any thoughts

Thanks

Memo fields

Post by Rick Kell » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:31:17

Check the data model and see if read-only is enabled. Check the field
properties and see if read-only is enabled.

--
For the quickest and best Paradox support see:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Rick Kelly
Crooit Software
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Reflect on your present blessings,
of which every man has many,
not on your past misfortunes,
of which all men have some.

Charles*ens

Quote:> I'm trying  to display and edit a memo field from a database on a form.  I
can
> display the memo, its in edit mode, but when I try and edit it Iget the
> message "This  table is read only".  Any thoughts

> Thanks

Memo fields

Post by RPrenPho » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:44:38

Quote:>I'm trying  to display and edit a memo field from a database on a form.  I
>can
>display the memo, its in edit mode, but when I try and edit it Iget the
>message "This  table is read only".  Any thoughts

If the field and dm looks OK, check the table's file properties, db,px,mb, etc.
From the windows explorer right on table file(s) and select properties.

If you copied the table off from a CD-R, it would be set to Read-Only.

Randy

Randy

Memo fields

Post by John Shar » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:27:27

I had checked the file properties previously.  I was the data model
proberties that got me.

Thanks

john

>Check the data model and see if read-only is enabled. Check the field
>properties and see if read-only is enabled.

>--
>For the quickest and best Paradox support see:

>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>Rick Kelly
>Crooit Software
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>Reflect on your present blessings,
>of which every man has many,
>not on your past misfortunes,
>of which all men have some.

>Charles*ens

>> I'm trying  to display and edit a memo field from a database on a form.  I
>can
>> display the memo, its in edit mode, but when I try and edit it Iget the
>> message "This  table is read only".  Any thoughts

>> Thanks

1. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field

Can someone please tell me what the syntax is for copying the contents
of a memo field (i.e., memo.lines) to a memo field in a database.
Better yet, I know that

Memo.lines.LoadFromFile('filename')

will load the contents of a file into memo.lines.  Is there a way to use
LoadFromFile to load directly into the memo field in the database.

ALL help is appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

2. SQL7-Linked servers

3. Indentation of memo fields - reports vs. modify memo

4. PDox 5: form input fields that AREN't table fields

5. Converting Memos/Memo fields

6. Oracle DBA,Albany,NY

7. Converting VFP memo fields to SQL Server text fields

8. FRM-92050

9. HELP: linking txt field with a memo field

10. Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

11. Memo Field to Database field

12. Mail Body field to Access memo field

13. get access-memo-field in an rtftext-field