Pdox5 field wants only one date format?

Post by Joshua Seneca » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

We have been modifying some forms written and used in Paradox 5.0 so
that they will be more "Year 2000 friendly". Everything has gone fine so
far, but we've come up against one problem that has me stumped. One part
of a very simple form has three fields with drop-down edit lists for
selecting dates. The fields are "undefined". The drop-down lists take
their contents (dates) from an external table using the command
self.datasource="[dates.oldate]" When the form opens, one field takes
its value from an external table by getting the cMax of a tcursor, and
the other two fields get their values from the command
self.value=today().

Here's the problem: We're trying to get the thing to use date formats
that have four-digit years. This wouldn't be a problem, except that the
fields will not allow years with more than two digits. If you try to
enter a four digit year you can't get past the first two digits and then
you get a message "invalid characters in field". If the drop-down lists
have four-digit years in them the date will come up in the field when
selected, but when you try to do something else you get the "invalid
characters...." message.

I have looked the whole thing over several times, and I can't find
anything that explicitly limits the length of the dates. I have tried
defining my own date formats, and that didn't work either. These fields
will only accept dates. If you try to enter text, months over 2 digits,
days over 2 digits, or years over 2 digits, you get the "invalid
characters...." message. In otherwords, it's holding us to the MM/DD/YY
format, no exceptions.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any tips or ideas? Please
respond by e-mail as I will get the response faster.

Thanks!

-Josh Senecal

Pdox5 field wants only one date format?

Post by Bob Stub » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Josh:

See if you've got a picture on the field that's limiting you to the
two-year digit - something like "##/##/##".  If so, you can change it
to more in keeping with default format - probably "##/##/####"

HTH.

Bob

1. Need Help: search/replace data in one field/one record, by queries or script: PDOX5

I am trying to change all the data in one field and move it on the
left.

I am giving you a practical example.

I am classifying the files on one of my hard drive.
The file is called   GUYTEST.ZIP
What I am trying to do is to remove that dot between GUYTEST and
ZIp and to rewrite it like this GUYTEST ZIP.

Look simple but this is not easy.

I have looked at IMPORTING/EXPORTING and I have spent hours.

or indicate where I can find some on line documentation

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2. Question: Out of Stack Space Error

3. PDOX5.0 Formatted memo field

4. Paradox 3/4 and Win NT

5. Date format for Oracle Forms date field

6. Very Useful Test Data Generator

7. Date Fields (Strings To Date Format)

8. Bulkcopy with SQL-DMO

9. Exporting fields with array fields (and a date format question)

10. Date Time format to Date format

11. Date format just for one application

12. ADO: format rs!xxxxx when the field name exists in more than one table

13. insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table