Modified Scripting problems in Paradox 3.5 for DOS

Modified Scripting problems in Paradox 3.5 for DOS

Post by Allen L. Ricket » Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I copy a modified script using [SCRIPT, COPY] to a diskette. When it is
copied to a execute only version on another PC using a DOS copy command,
the modified script is not being run.

Has anyone seen this or a similar problem?  Any help would be
appreicated.

Allen Rickett

Modified Scripting problems in Paradox 3.5 for DOS

Post by Harry Goldm » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

On 13 Feb 1996 19:39:56 GMT, "Allen L. Rickett"

>I copy a modified script using [SCRIPT, COPY] to a diskette. When it is
>copied to a execute only version on another PC using a DOS copy command,
>the modified script is not being run.

>Has anyone seen this or a similar problem?  Any help would be
>appreicated.

>Allen Rickett

Allen,

What is the error you see when the script fails ????

Modified Scripting problems in Paradox 3.5 for DOS

Post by Jim Hysl » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I copy a modified script using [SCRIPT, COPY] to a diskette. When it is
>copied to a execute only version on another PC using a DOS copy command,
>the modified script is not being run.

>Has anyone seen this or a similar problem?  Any help would be
>appreicated.

Allen,

1)
Is the script a library generation script? IOW, does it _only_ have the following
pattern:

proc aaa()
endproc

proc bbb()
endproc

proc ccc()
endproc

createlib "xxx"
writelib "xxx" aaa,bbb,ccc
release procs all

(possibly with the createlib at the start of the script,
and writelibs after each proc).

If so, then you'll need to explicitly run the script to regenerate
the procedure library.

2)
Are you absolutely certain that the runtime version is actually using
the directory you copied it to?  Pdoxrun.cfg may specify another startup
directory (I got fooled by this once; I thought the program was executing
from the hard drive, but pdoxrun.cfg specified a network directory as the
initial directory).

The way to test this is to temporarily replace the initial script.  For example,
if your launch command is:
<set drive and path using C: and cd \abc\def>
[path]pdoxrun main

then rename main.sc to mainold.sc, and create a temporary main.sc which reads:
message "This is the startup script"
sleep 2000
play "mainold"

and launch paradox; if you see your message, then you know it's the right directory.
If not, you know it's not even using that directory.

Jim

1. Problem with Paradox 3.5 application converted to Paradox 4 (Dos)

I have an application written for Paradox 3.5 which I converted to Paradox
4.02 and am running under Win95.  The application runs fine except that
reports viewed on the screen stay on the screen for a fraction of a second.
 The same program runs fine using Runtime 4.0 .... the reports stay on the
screen until F2 is pressed.

Any ideas?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also since it is difficult to obtain copies of Paradox 4.0 (for a customer)
would there be any problem running a converted (libraries converted) 3.5
application under Paradox 4.5 for Dos.

GWS

2. Finding the names of tables that reference the current table thru a relationship?

3. Paradox 3.5 scripts --> Paradox 4.5 OPAL scripts

4. Updating records

5. Problems with Paradox DOS after upgrade from 3.5 to 4.02

6. dbms_output statements print after executing WHY?

7. Paradox 3.5 for DOS under Windows 95 - problems ??

8. SQL Mail

9. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

10. Converting from Paradox 3.5 for DOS to Paradox 5.0 for Windows

11. converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script

12. 3.5 DOS Script Password

13. Selecting tables in a script in Pdox 3.5 for DOS