INSERTING TODAY'S DATE IN FORM

Post by phil.t.. » Sun, 19 Jun 1994 07:35:17

Greetings Charlie;

 > What is the easiest way to insert the current date automatically
 > in a form (when editing)?  It appears this cannot be done when

   Quite easy.  Open the form (in DESIGN MODE).  Select the FIELD tool
   and place the new field in the desired area.

   Now inspect the field itself with the RIGHT mouse click.  Click on
   the three periods (...).  This will open the DEFINE FIELD OBJECT
   dialog box.

   Click on the Special field pull- down menu and double-click on
   TODAY. Select OK and continue to select OK until you are back
   in the form.

   I hope I got the sequence right and good luck!

  Phil Tusa

1. Inserting today's date in form

Paradox for windows 4.5

What is the easiest way to insert the current date automatically
in a form (when editing)?  It appears this cannot be done when
creating tables and using validity checks and default values.
The 'today()' method seems to be what I want to use but what event
do I attach this to to get the current date entered as the default
value every time I start to add a new record with a form?

If anyone has a piece of code to do this (or a built in way) please
let me know.  Thanks.

Charlie

2. Book on Database Development

3. Find Date Field = Today's Date

4. ddf

5. Using the Date value for assigning Today's date to a field

6. pgsql/doc/TODO.detail transactions

7. Date Flag: 90 days from today's date

8. indexing xml

9. date('today') question

10. Date ('Today') shown in Win4GL

11. Wrong Date('Today')

12. How to Insert the Date of today into a table

13. Constraint for orderdate to be >today's date