Searching on Multiple fields

Post by Andrew Gra » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Can anyone supply a reliable piece of ObjectPal which will let me
search for records based on more than one field - both are key
fileds - an number and a revision number??? I've tried
LocatePattern but with no success.   Thanks

                Mark Rillands

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Fri, 30 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Can anyone supply a reliable piece of ObjectPal which will let me
: search for records based on more than one field - both are key
: fileds - an number and a revision number??? I've tried
: LocatePattern but with no success.   Thanks

Locate("Field1",fieldvalue1,"Field2",fieldvalue2)

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)

1. Searching on multiple fields

I am new to the fulltext searching world and was wondering if it is good
practice to search on multiple fields within a table.  So far all the the
examples of the FREETEXT and CONTAINS show against one field. In our current
UI we a proposing that the user can enter values in up to four fields.  Is
this a valid approach?  If so should I use "AND" or "OR" between these
fields?

Thanks,
Dan

2. SQL Query Question

3. SQL - search in multiple fields

4. Adding a field to the field collection?

5. Search on multiple fields

6. Dump database

7. Search in multiple fields

8. Tough SQL question! Need SQL Guru!

9. Search on multiple fields with CDML?

10. Search in multiple fields?

11. Searching multiple fields with the Excalibur search engine??

12. web one entry for multiple field search??multiple

13. searching multiple text fields