Can PDOXWIN export data to MS Cardfile?

Post by D.A. Wel » Sat, 25 Jun 1994 18:33:31

   We have a database containing a variety of client information.  It is
stored on a single computer but accessed by others through Windows for
Workgroups.  Most often people on the network are using the database as an
address/telephone book to look up individual contacts.  For this simple
task, the performance of Paradox through Win4Workgroups is unacceptably slow.

   Several of our users are familiar with MS cardfile and use it to store
their own address lists.  I have wondered if it is possible to extract just
the name, address and telephone fields from our client records and cread a
.CRD file which they can browse using Cardfile.  Periodic updating of this
file would be sufficient.  If this export is possible it would provide them
with quick access to the information they need and free up the Paradox tables
for those who work with the entire database.

  If anyone has suggestions on how this could be accomplished, or any
alternative solutions, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Dwight Welch
Database Manager - Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre - Saskatoon  SK

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Thu, 30 Jun 1994 22:05:47

[...]

If the cardfile can take ASCII file imports, you can do ASCII export from
Paradox...

||   (the rest of this .sig is under construction...)                       ||