BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Post by Nasir No » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: Following is the test query

: ...
: tableName | field Name             |
:           | CHECK as TO someName   |
: ...

: Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
: build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
: by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
: Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
: might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
: is how it goes...

: In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
: Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

I hope they are sure about that.  Can someone check Paradox Informant?  I
think they discussed query changes recently and some query keywords were
NOT documented.

: Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
: above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
: by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
: TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

: Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
: me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
: on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
: had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

However, if you DON'T have the Feb/95 IDAPI lego date, expect some ODBC
drivers to go KAPUT with no errors.  Happened to me with Intersolv ODBC
drivers for Btrieve.  No Feb/95 IDAPI, no data.

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)

1. Bug?? IDAPI and CachedUpdates

Hi All,

I've seem to have come accross a possible bug with IDAPI and CachedUpdates.
I'm using Delphi 3 C/S with native drivers to Oracle 7.3.  I have the latest
upgrade to delphi and the BDE.  (Just updated two days ago.)

I'm using TQuerys with RequestLive:=False and attached TUpdateSQLs.  For some
of my queries, when I set CachedUpdates to True and try to activate the query
I get an Access Violation Error at 4BE17BBE in IDAPI32.DLL.  I've stepped
through the code and it seems to occur when DbiBeginDelayedUpdates(FHandle) is
called in TBDEDataSet.InternalOpen.  In an older version of the BDE the error
message was 'Capability Not Supported' when I tried to activate the query with
CachedUpdates.

This does not happen with all tables.  I thought it may be a limitation with
the BDE but the table where I get this problem has less rows and columns than
a table where the CachedUpdates works.  Is there some other limitations that I
should be looking at or is this a bug?  Has anyone else had similar problems?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Ara Mentcherian

Remove _zzz from return address to reply.

2. Getting the Identity Value

3. Bugs, Bugs, Bugs ...

4. split in s_proc T-SQL

5. BUG BUG BUG: VB5+DAO 3.51

6. Stack Not Empty Error

7. BUGS BUGS BUGS (Disappointed with Borland!)

8. Tier II/III: DB troubleshoot guildlines?

9. WAS BUG, BUG, BUG

10. idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

11. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

12. help, help ???? bug, bug