Can't delete table using Utility|delete

Post by Lucy Che » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Why I can't the table which is on my network using Utilit|delete in Paradox
7.  When I do it, I get the error message "Dir or file doesn't exit.
q:\pdxdata\temp.db" . But I can delete the table using windows explorer. I
also get the message "share Violation" when I try to empty the table. That
means that I have rights to erase the files. Then I copy the files to my C
drive. I have no problem.  Is there system configuation I should  check?

Thank!

1. instead of delete trigger delete data from table using execute and temporary table for deleted

Hello,

SQL Server 2k has got me confused...below the instead of trigger that
causes all my problems...below the trigger the explanation of my
problem

create trigger [triggerConcurrenten] on [dbo].[concurrenten]
instead of delete
as
begin
        -- ***** Declare local vars

        begin transaction

        -- ***** Initialize

        select deleted.* into #deleted from deleted

        /*
        Delete data from concurrenten table using the below sql
statement
        works perfectly.
        =============
        delete
        from concurrenten
        where exists(
        select * from #deleted d
        where concurrenten.[id] = d.[id])
        */

        /* Delete using the execute function fails! */

        begin
                raiserror('[triggerConcurrenten]: Error occured!', 16, 1)
                rollback transaction
        end

        commit transaction
end

In the trigger I've tried a 'direct' sql statement to delete data from
the concurrenten table. No problem at all...but when I use the execute
function the exact same delete statement fails...what am I doing
wrong?

Thanx in advance for the answer!

Best regards,

Peter

2. ***URGENT Part2! For those of you smart enough...***

3. I can't used ON DELETE CASCADE in create table

4. another migrating Q: stored procedure

5. can't delete data from table using jdbc

6. witch database must I use?

7. DELETE won't DELETE

8. Last Record --> Field?

9. delete offline DB doesn't delete files?

10. Deleting device doesn't delete DAT file

11. Q: CRecordSet::Delete() doesn't really delete??

12. DELETE FILE doesn't delete the file

13. SQL delete query deletes but does not delete