new to Paradox - looking for a good reference book

new to Paradox - looking for a good reference book

Post by CB » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 06:24:51

Thanks for any suggestions for a good reference book on Paradox?
I'm familiar with SQL, JDBC/ODBC, perl DBI/DBD in an Oracle context.

CB

new to Paradox - looking for a good reference book

Post by Dennis Santor » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:51:40

CB,

There are some but I think you will be best to start with some of the
web resources. Start with the Database basics paper and some of the
other papers and free downloads from our Paradox resources page. Also
check out some of the links including The techtricks.com site of Lance
Leonard and the corel NGs on cnews.corel.com all of which you can find
on our partners and links page.
HTH

Denn Santoro
President
Resource Development Associates
http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
375 High Street
Rochester, MA 02770
(508) 295-7350
and
Waldweg 5
83512 Reitmehring
Germany
08071 924271
Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and
non-profits since 1982

> Thanks for any suggestions for a good reference book on Paradox?
> I'm familiar with SQL, JDBC/ODBC, perl DBI/DBD in an Oracle context.

> CB

new to Paradox - looking for a good reference book

Post by Michael Juul Hanse » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:58:20

Paradox 9 includes two tutorials (Paradox and ObejctPAL)

HTH

Quote:> Thanks for any suggestions for a good reference book on Paradox?

Post by Richard Cart » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:31:34

: Thanks for any suggestions for a good reference book on Paradox?
: I'm familiar with SQL, JDBC/ODBC, perl DBI/DBD in an Oracle context.

The one really good book I know of that's still in print is
Mike Prestwood's "Paradox 9 Power Programming."  Most of the
book is online also at http://www.prestwood.com/
--
Rick Carter

Post by Ken Loom » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 06:46:23

>The one really good book I know of that's still in print is
>Mike Prestwood's "Paradox 9 Power Programming."  Most of the
>book is online also at http://www.prestwood.com/
>--

I have an extra unused copy if you are interterested.  It also comes
with the developer's edition of PDOX 9.