Paradox Table corrupt

Post by Sergio Lape » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:49:35

Hello,

I run a application in windows'98 or Windows'95 without net. The
paradox tables are corrupted frecuently when the program is broken and
is closed with CTRL+ALT+SUP. Why? Configurate entries of register
system?
I use BDE 5.01
Thanks in advanced.

Paradox Table corrupt

Post by Sundial Service » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:03:08

> I run a application in windows'98 or Windows'95 without net. The
> paradox tables are corrupted frecuently when the program is broken and
> is closed with CTRL+ALT+SUP. Why? Configurate entries of register
> system?
> I use BDE 5.01
> Thanks in advanced.

Especially when a NET FILE DIR is not defined and LOCAL SHARE is not TRUE,
Paradox will keep a lot of data in-memory for a long time.  If the program
is "killed" it might never have the opportunity to write that data to disk.
Hence, file corruption.

This is one of the reasons why I recommend that both NET FILE DIR and LOCAL
SHARE should be set, even if there is no network.

----------------------------------
Fast automatic table repair at a click of a mouse!
http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep

Paradox Table corrupt

Post by Dennis Santor » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:15:55

It is the abnormal end you are doing causing the damage. You need to write
code that lets you better trap for errors so you don't get the lockups or
you need to learn how not to have that happen in interactive paradox if
that is where you have the issue. Hard to tell you exactly without more
info on what you are doing to "break" the program.

Also, with win 9x you need to turn off the write behind caching on
Windows.

Denn Santoro
President
Resource Development Associates
http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
Offices in the United States and Germany
Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and non-profits
since 1982

Paradox Table corrupt

Post by Tony McGuir » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:46:12

I don't think he is using Paradox the Application.

Tony

"I woke up and was able to get myself out of bed.
Being that fortunate, what's to complain about?"
_____________

1. paradox table corrupt

I use a Paradox Table in Novell Network.My Application (programming in
delphi 1.0)
work on WIN 3.11 and WIN95 systems and use the 16-bit BDE.On an Client's
and
any time one of then Client's show the text "Index out of Date".Then the
table is corrupt
and cannot open with other Client's or with the Database Desktop.When
you delete
then secondary index,val-files and referency integrity you can open the
table,but not
all records are show,while in the *.DB file the header is
corrupt.(Block-Size not ready).

Who can help me,

Guenther Horn

2. LDAP AND AUTHENTICATION

3. Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

4. imp whole database

5. paradox 7 : corrupt table/index header

6. Oracle Stored Procedure Returning Recordset

7. Recovering corrupt Paradox Tables

8. Corrupting Paradox Tables

9. PARADOX - DELPHI5 - CORRUPT TABLE / INDEX HEADER

10. Corrupt Paradox table ?

11. TechTips: What makes a Paradox table go corrupt

12. paradox table with corrupt header