disable the dlgbox "filter" on right click

disable the dlgbox "filter" on right click

Post by marco fogli » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I would have liked to attach a method to the mouseRightClick of a field
or table frame and I discovered that a small dlgbox with"filter" appears
befor my orders. Using disable default befor my orders doesnt help.

I dont have the energy to remove dust from my pdx manuals and I m not
sure it would help so thank you very much for delivering the solution.

marco

Post by T1mothe » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

//I would have liked to attach a method to the mouseRightClick of a field
//or table frame and I discovered that a small dlgbox with"filter" appears

//befor my orders. Using disable default befor my orders doesnt help.

use PASSEVENT to cause the click to bubble to the tableframe without
activating the filter command.
Cheers!
   Tim

Post by Stephen Bro » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I would have liked to attach a method to the mouseRightClick of a field
>or table frame and I discovered that a small dlgbox with"filter" appears
>befor my orders. Using disable default befor my orders doesnt help.

If you are using v5.0, disableDefault on mouseRightUp should do it.

Stephen Brown
London

Post by Ian Azrik » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I would have liked to attach a method to the mouseRightClick of a field
>or table frame and I discovered that a small dlgbox with"filter" appears
>befor my orders. Using disable default befor my orders doesnt help.
>I dont have the energy to remove dust from my pdx manuals and I m not
>sure it would help so thank you very much for delivering the solution.
>marco

Filter is a built in pdoxwin function that allows the user to restrict
the view of records on a form, without running a query first.  Some
users like it, some hate it.

To turn it off, I disable it at the form level by using disabledefault
in the form's mouseRightUp method.  This disables the filter function
for every object on the form, but you can still use mouseRightDown or
mouseDoubleClick anywhere you like.

Hope this helps.

Ian Azrikan
Nakirza Technology Consulting