For Robert Wiltshire

Post by Liz » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:29:30

Robert and Emmy,

No heat intended and no offense taken by anyone, I'm sure.  It's just that
Emmy is new to the groups (it seems anyway) so I wanted her to know that
generally it's better to post here rather than take it private - even
(perhaps especially) with beginner questions.

That said, if you want to take the conversation private, that's up to you,
just wanted you to consider continuing here for everyone's benefit.

Please, continue in whichever format you wish.

:-)

Thanks,

Liz

> For the record,
> I initiated direct email on this thread after about 3 or 4 suggestions and

> I was trying to take a very step by step approach to help someone learn.
> and thought it would be more productive to email directly.
> So I deserve the heat for that.

> If the email bounced, look at my email address that bounced, and see if it
> and see if you can spot the word that doesnt belong there. I think the word
> antispam might need to be removed.

> Robert Wiltshire

For Robert Wiltshire

Post by ez15 » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:00:39

I don't think anyone should have to take the "HEAT".  I'm sure this is not
the first time something of this nature has happened and I'm sure it won't
be the last.  Maybe a good rule of thumb would be the first time some posts
send them a guideline of what is acceptable and what
is unacceptable.

I still want to thank everyone who offered advice
and help.

Emmy

Emmy

Quote:

> > > I would prefer if we communicated back and forth w/o the newsgroup.  I
> tried
> > > to respond to your e-mail but you have a block on it and the e-mail
> bounced
> > > back.

> For the record,
> I initiated direct email on this thread after about 3 or 4 suggestions and

> I was trying to take a very step by step approach to help someone learn.
> and thought it would be more productive to email directly.
> So I deserve the heat for that.

> If the email bounced, look at my email address that bounced, and see if it
> and see if you can spot the word that doesnt belong there. I think the
word
> antispam might need to be removed.

> Robert Wiltshire

For Robert Wiltshire

Post by Dennis Santor » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:16:02

Emmy,

I didn't mean it sarcastically. People often ask for private help from NG
participants (usually directly rather than broadcast as you did it) that would
be offered in the groups for free but otherwise would (and should) cost training
dollars to buy. Lots of other stuff is also provided free at various web sites
as well. But there is a point where private training for free can only be
considered self defeating. Anyway, sorry you didn't like the choice of words.

As for guidelines, Lance has a nice set you can find at his techtricks.com web
site. Check them out. I think they are what you are asking for re: do's and
don'ts. And I hope you and Robert will continue on the group as I think it was
being done well and would be valuable there.

Denn Santoro
President
Resource Development Associates
http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
Offices in the United States and Germany
Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and non-profits since
1982