Paradox 3.5 --> Paradox 9

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

> If I were to send anyone out there, my entire Paradox 3.5 program (zipped)
> can someone please help me convert the forms/scripts/reports to Paradox 9
> Format?

There are *many* people out there that can do this for you.. and the bigger
the program, the more it's gonna cost.. it'll also require your assistance in
determining how the new program will act.. it's a total re-write.. not just
the code, the entire concept..

This isn't a "can you do this and send it back tomorrow?" proposition.. if
your program has any level of bulk and/or complexity, you could be talking
tens of thousands of dollars

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Paradox 3.5 --> Paradox 9

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

> I'm sure someone can do it for the kindness of helping someone else.  I
> guess most technicians like yourself are only interested in the business of
> making money, but then again I don't blame you.

No, that's not it at all.. it just that many people who never progressed beyond
pdoxdos 3.5 don't understand the massive differences between the platforms..

If all you have is a simple mailing list, you should dig into it yourself, and
ask questions here.. you *will* find that we help here out of the kindness of
our hearts, as you suggested.. but we *don't* do the job for you..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Paradox 3.5 --> Paradox 9

Post by Lorrin Moor » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

I wouldn't want someone who would do it for free.  You get what you pay for.

--
Lorrin (filter the spam to reply)

> > I'm sure someone can do it for the kindness of helping someone else.  I
> > guess most technicians like yourself are only interested in the business
of
> > making money, but then again I don't blame you.

> No, that's not it at all.. it just that many people who never progressed
beyond
> pdoxdos 3.5 don't understand the massive differences between the
platforms..

> If all you have is a simple mailing list, you should dig into it yourself,
and
> ask questions here.. you *will* find that we help here out of the kindness
of
> our hearts, as you suggested.. but we *don't* do the job for you..

> --
> Steve Green
> Corel CTech - Paradox
> Diamond Software Group, Inc.
> Waldorf, Maryland  USA

> http://www.diamondsg.com

Paradox 3.5 --> Paradox 9

Post by Richard Cart » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

: I'm sure someone can do it for the kindness of helping someone else.  I
: guess most technicians like yourself are only interested in the business of
: making money, but then again I don't blame you.  There is no level of bulk
: and or complexity in my database, it's just a quite simple mailing list for
: my clients.

Hey Spider, can you drive your car to Cincinnati and
leave the keys for me to use for a couple of weeks?

What, don't you want to help anybody?
--
Rick Carter