Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by Gene De Guzma » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:57:00



Does anyone have any idea why all of the sudden I can't access Any of
Corel's Newsgroups ... It's asking for a password?

Thanks in advance.

Gene

 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by Liz » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:21:25


Gene,

There are at least two other threads here about this.  None of us
knows why, only that they're down for the present...

Liz


> Does anyone have any idea why all of the sudden I can't access Any of
> Corel's Newsgroups ... It's asking for a password?

> Thanks in advance.

> Gene


 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by Dennis Santor » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:34:16


Gene,

Already 2 threads on that here. Now a third. You are not alone. Check out
the other threads.

Denn Santoro
President
Resource Development Associates
http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
Offices in the United States and Germany
Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and non-profits
since 1982


> Does anyone have any idea why all of the sudden I can't access Any of
> Corel's Newsgroups ... It's asking for a password?

> Thanks in advance.

> Gene

 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by Denis Jobi » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:07:48


I am surprised this situation has gone as long as this. This is Jan 20, 2002
and the last messages I can see are from the 14th.

There are many of us who check the different groups daily and it is very
strange not to be able to access anything.

I am also surprised that no official comment from Corel has been passed to
this current newsgroup.

Dan, where are you? What is happening?

Et par une chance inou?e, si quelqu'un qui parle fran?ais pouvait nous
aider. Ce serairt le moment o jamais.

l'aide, quelqu'un.
Help, somebody.

Pardon, je pense que je divague. J'imagine que ces groupes de discussions
sont comme une drogue pour moi. Je ne peux plus m'en passer.

Sorry, I think I am loosing my mind. I guess those news groups are like a
drug for me. I can't do without them.

 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by Tony McGuir » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:55:13


Actually, Denis, the groups had posts thru sometime on the 17th.  You must
have last accessed them on the 14th; so those you have on your local
computer are the only ones you can see.

Yes, sad.

And you think YOU are *ed?  I'm absolutely miserable! <g>  I've had to
come up with all sorts of new ways to avoid work.  Heck, I'm even getting
JSIP done!

JUST as the Corel newsgroups were crashing I posted a request for Beta
Testers.  Now I understand why no one responded.

--
 Tony McGuire
 http://www.veryComputer.com/
 http://www.veryComputer.com/
 http://www.veryComputer.com/
"I woke up and was able to get myself out of bed.
Being that fortunate, what's to complain about?"
_____________


Quote:> I am surprised this situation has gone as long as this. This is Jan 20,
2002
> and the last messages I can see are from the 14th.

> There are many of us who check the different groups daily and it is very
> strange not to be able to access anything.

> I am also surprised that no official comment from Corel has been passed to
> this current newsgroup.

> Dan, where are you? What is happening?

> Et par une chance inou?e, si quelqu'un qui parle fran?ais pouvait nous
> aider. Ce serairt le moment o jamais.

> l'aide, quelqu'un.
> Help, somebody.

> Pardon, je pense que je divague. J'imagine que ces groupes de discussions
> sont comme une drogue pour moi. Je ne peux plus m'en passer.

> Sorry, I think I am loosing my mind. I guess those news groups are like a
> drug for me. I can't do without them.

 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by sy » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:58:53


There is now a note on the Corel site about the server being down and
they hope to have it up again mid-week.

       "Please note: Corel's newsgroups servers are currently
experiencing
        technical difficulties. Service will be restored as soon as
possible.
        We apologize for this disruption of service."

 
 
 

Can't Access Corel's Paradox NewsGroup

Post by EvM viaGoog » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 05:10:56



> ...
> JUST as the Corel newsgroups were crashing I posted a request for Beta
> Testers.  Now I understand why no one responded.

Tony,

I can't see that message. I assume it was meant to go to
...Paradox-web and/or Paradox-dev.

Check:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&group=corel.wpoffice

Funny though, I managed to post a thread on -dev after the crash but
via google. There is one other thread since. Somehow Google must use a
different mechanism than posters to access the NG.

Elmar