Paradox Engine - Version 3.0

Post by tom downin » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have been away from Development work in Paradox for about 2 years.
Now I need to do some work with Paradox 7 and Windows 95.  I have
written a C++ (DOS) program that uses subject version of the engine and
everything seems to work OK; however, when I made a change to the table
that took advantage of a Paradox 7 type of field, my C++ program said it
could not open the table because it did not recgonize that version of
Paradox.

        Here is my problem/question?  I am planning to go C++ Builder for
Windows 95.  Will it have all I need to access the Pardox tables or will
I still have to get a new version of the engine.

        My program is filled the PXGetAlpha, PXPutAlpha, ect. stuff.

        I would appreciate anyone's help ideas.

        Thanks in advance.

Tom D.

Paradox Engine - Version 3.0

Post by Mads Olse » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I have been away from Development work in Paradox for about 2 years.
> Now I need to do some work with Paradox 7 and Windows 95.  I have
> written a C++ (DOS) program that uses subject version of the engine
> and
> everything seems to work OK; however, when I made a change to the
> table
> that took advantage of a Paradox 7 type of field, my C++ program said
> it
> could not open the table because it did not recgonize that version of
> Paradox.

> Tom D.

Is your BDE a recent one? Does it handle PDox7?  Maybe downloading the
latest from Borland will solve your problems?

Aage J.
01