HOW TO do multiple copy and paste

Post by Deepak Sar » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 09:51:52

I am a new user of Paradox for Windows 4.5

I was entering data into a table, and I was trying to copy Multiple text
entries.  When I tried to paste it into the table it did not work, and the
help said you could copy and paste into other windows applications but not
into the table.  Does anybody know a way around this.  It is a real pain
to only be able to copy one entry at a time.

I would appreciate any help you can offer,

Thank you.

HOW TO do multiple copy and paste

Post by Andreas Rotterd » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 19:51:04

Quote:>I am a new user of Paradox for Windows 4.5

>I was entering data into a table, and I was trying to copy Multiple text
>entries.  When I tried to paste it into the table it did not work, and the
>help said you could copy and paste into other windows applications but not
>into the table.  Does anybody know a way around this.  It is a real pain
>to only be able to copy one entry at a time.

>I would appreciate any help you can offer,

>Thank you.

I had to program it explicitely in OPAL:

method tableFrameMenuAction (var eventInfo MenuEvent, var daField DynArrayOfAnyType)  Logical
var
   sEventId,
   sIndex            SmallInt
   uiField,
   uiRecord          UIObject
   astrFieldNames    Array[] String
   astrUIObjectNames Array[] String
endVar

   sEventId = eventInfo.id ()
   switch
   case sEventId = sUserMenu+MenuRecordCopy:         {MenuRecordCopy is user defined constant}
      active.enumFieldNames (astrFieldNames)         {!only fields can be active (not buttons)!}
      uiRecord.attach (active.containername)
      uiRecord.enumObjectNames (astrUIObjectNames)
      for sIndex from 2 to astrUIObjectNames.size () {astrUIObjectNames[1] contains name of record}
         try
            uiField.attach (astrUIObjectNames[sIndex])
            daField[uiField.name] = uiField.value
         onFail
            message ("Problems copying " + uiField.Name)
         endTry
      endFor
   case sEventId = sUserMenu+MenuRecordPaste:         {MenuRecordPaste is user defined constant}
      daField.getKeys (astrUIObjectNames)
      for sIndex from 1 to astrUIObjectNames.size ()
         try
            uiField.attach (astrUIObjectNames[sIndex])
            if not uiField.ReadOnly then
               uiField.value = daField[astrUIObjectNames[sIndex]]
            endIf
         onFail
            message ("Problems pasting " + uiField.Name)
         endTry
       endFor
   endSwitch
endMethod

/*
 * Andreas Rotterdam
 * Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
 * Institut fuer Agrarinformatik                Tel: 02 51/29 75 66

 */

1. FP2.5 MAC--Cut/paste/copy while doing a READ MODAL

In order to do this, you must not only use the system menu items, but you
must use the system menu pad as well. The easy way to do this is to use
the menu builder, do a quick menu and then delete and append where
necessary.

--
Aaron L. Bratcher
University of Chicago

2. Language of SQL-database

3. Copying/pasting a dimension copies also the datasource

4. The Programmer's Knowledge base

5. Copy & paste

6. "unlock" from trigger

7. Copy & Paste, or, how to rename

8. OLAP CONSULTANTS

9. Copy/Paste Warning in SP2

10. Calculated measures do not show when you copy and paste a cube

11. bug ?: copy/paste database

12. copy&paste table rows: CoInitialize has not been called

13. Copy Paste script for SQL Server 7