Paradox 3.5 in a DOS windows under WIndows 9x

Paradox 3.5 in a DOS windows under WIndows 9x

Post by Igor Izvari » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

My customer uses Paradox 3.5 with a lot of script code (custom system). But
he cannot run it in a DOS window under Windows 9x because Paradox command
COEDIT does not work on shared files.

Help! How to run it in a DOS window? With COEDIT command functioning?

Thanks.

Post by Steve Gree » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> My customer uses Paradox 3.5 with a lot of script code (custom system). But
> he cannot run it in a DOS window under Windows 9x because Paradox command
> COEDIT does not work on shared files.

the only "proper" way to run pdoxdos 3.x under win9x is in a dos only box, in
real mode (conventional memory only).. that means no windows, no memory, and
(usually) no network.. that isn't exactly "running in windows" is it? <smile>..
you need to upgrade to pdoxdos 4.02..

in any context, coedit is how to access shared files.. what is the exact error
and context that you get?

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

1. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

Actually, Borland's object converters for Paradox *5.0* do indeed
offer a script converter in addition to a form and report converter.
You'd have to use Paradox 5.0 to run them, though.  The conversion of
scripts is only partial, but anything which cannot be converted to
live code is at least moved to the PdoxWin script as commented code so
that you can look at it and convert the rest of it yourself.

Tim

2. MS SQL 7.3 Datenbankserver einrichten

3. Converting from Paradox 3.5 for DOS to Paradox 5.0 for Windows

4. Updategrams Release Schedule

5. Paradox DOS 3.5 on Windows CE

6. DCE-RPC, pthreads, ESQL-C (spec. cancelation of pthread should break a current sql request)

7. Paradox 3.5 DOS & Windows 95

8. Replication Through Jet 4.0

9. Paradox 3.5 for DOS under Windows 95 - problems ??

10. Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 5.0 for Windows

11. Paradox 3.5 to Paradox for Windows and Delphi

12. DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

13. Converting from Pdox 3.5 for DOS to Windows