Paradox & ObjectPal training or courses

Post by Marc » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 04:44:54

Hi all,
I'm looking for courses on Paradox and ObjectPal. I look at the corel
website and Newhorizons but the courses are "light". Can sommeone
knows where i can attend courses (not online) anywhere in the US ?

Thanks
Marc

Paradox & ObjectPal training or courses

Post by Dennis Santor » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 06:13:24

Marc,

I don't think anyone is offering that at this point as the market has
shrunk because of the maturity of Paradox (it hasn't changed a lot since
V7), the illegal tactics of M$, and Corel's inept marketing.

You can get 1 on 1 training and you can get lots of good info and
support. For info and support start with our Paradox resources page
(especially the Database basics paper) which you can get to from the link
in my signature. Also check out thedbcommunity.com and techtricks.com and
the support links from all 3 sites.
HTH

Denn Santoro
President
Resource Development Associates
http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
Offices in the United States and Germany
Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and non-profits
since 1982

> Hi all,
> I'm looking for courses on Paradox and ObjectPal. I look at the corel
> website and Newhorizons but the courses are "light". Can sommeone
> knows where i can attend courses (not online) anywhere in the US ?

> Thanks
> Marc

Paradox & ObjectPal training or courses

Post by LMac » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 23:55:42

When I first made the switch from PdoxDOS to PdoxWin, it was a huge culture
shock since we also moved from DOS to Windows at the same time. I opted for
some 1 on 1 training as Dennis mentioned. I really only needed some
instruction on the interface and some basic guidelines on OOP. Then I
grabbed some good books and proceeded to make mistakes and learn from them.
The newsgroup was a big help to me. Some of the people here are literally
Paradox geniuses.

Mac

> Marc,

> I don't think anyone is offering that at this point as the market has
> shrunk because of the maturity of Paradox (it hasn't changed a lot since
> V7), the illegal tactics of M$, and Corel's inept marketing.

> You can get 1 on 1 training and you can get lots of good info and
> support. For info and support start with our Paradox resources page
> (especially the Database basics paper) which you can get to from the link
> in my signature. Also check out thedbcommunity.com and techtricks.com and
> the support links from all 3 sites.
> HTH

> Denn Santoro
> President
> Resource Development Associates
> http://www.RDAWorldWide.Com
> Offices in the United States and Germany
> Providing solutions to health care, business, governments and non-profits
> since 1982

> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking for courses on Paradox and ObjectPal. I look at the corel
> > website and Newhorizons but the courses are "light". Can sommeone
> > knows where i can attend courses (not online) anywhere in the US ?

> > Thanks
> > Marc

1. Cross VB5 & SQL Server Training Courses

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for good courses which give good VB5 & SQL integration, we need
at least intermediate level on both.  Could anyone give me some training
centres which they recommend.

Many Thanks

2. JDBC drivers for DB2

3. Bug in DBList 5.0 control

4. Prices & Dates - Training courses

5. Invalid buffdirty call - HELP PLEASE!

6. Online and offline training courses at World of Training

7. VB5 and Database&Spreadsheet Question...HELP!

8. Objectpal a complete course on line

9. ObjectPal Training

10. ObjectPAL Training