Importing Times into Paradox v5

Post by David Sca » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Anyone had problems importing times into Paradox v5 ?

I have a comma-delimited text file that I read into Praradox via the
Inport function. This creates a temp DB with fields of type character
and names like FIELD001, FIELD002, ...etc.

I then ADD this table to a table with the proper field names and field
types. One of the fields is a TIME field called CallTime. In the text
file, this field contains time in 24 hour format HH:MM:SS.

When I do the ADD, I get a message that I might "lose data" (because
of the conversion form character to TIME). Virtually all the times
come in correctly. However, I noticed that any time of the form
12:XX:XX gets a TIME value of 12:XX:XX AM. The values past hour 12,
are correctly converted to PM values, and the values before hour 12
correctly get AM values.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to tell Paradox what
formats my TIME values are in, so it does not get as confused.

Thanks in advance.
This space intentionally left blank

1. Importing Paradox files above v5.0 into Access

I need to import Paradox 7.0 files into Access '97.  The import dialog
box only gives me the option to import version 3,4 & 5.

I saw on Microsoft's site that they suggest converting the files into
version 5 and then importing.  Please tell me there is another way.

Matt Ridge
VB6 / Access '97

2. Open ingres and HP

3. Converting v3.5DOS Run-Time to v4.5w or v5.0w standard or Run-Time

4. DBGrid control & DblClick event

5. TPasScript v5.1: Importing Delphi Classes

6. Register today for ODTUG 2002 and save $100!

7. Import FoxPro v5.0

8. Read Client File using OAS 3.0 and PL/SQL

9. V5.0 ASCII Import Problem

10. PDOXWIN v5.0: Need serious epertise with sequential database import

11. problems importing into v5.0

12. Importing Visual FoxPro v5 into FMPro Mac

13. Importing v5.dbf files to FMP 3.0v4 MAC...Help