Table frames linked to table frames in a report

Table frames linked to table frames in a report

Post by Simon Parkinso » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 04:43:07

Is it possible to create a report which contains two linked tables e.g.
projects and estimates such that the report contains two table frames
with the estimates table being shown when there are estaimtes associated
with the project.

Project Project description
1       Blah
2       Blah2
3       Blah3

        Estimate        Description     Cost    }
        1               Test Est        $100    }linked to estimate 3
        2               Test Est 2      $200    }

Project Project description
4       Blah

        Estimate        Description     Cost
        1               Test Est 1      $200

Project Project description
4       Blah
5       Blah2
6       Blah3

:
:         Estimate        Description     Cost    }
:         1               Test Est        $100    }linked to estimate 3
:         2               Test Est 2      $200    }

: Project Project description
: 4       Blah

:         Estimate        Description     Cost
:         1               Test Est 1      $200
:
: Project Project description
: 4       Blah
: 5       Blah2
: 6       Blah3

Sort of.

Create Multi-record in the group band "Project" and another one in ALL
RECORDS band should do what you're looking for.

--
+==========================================================================+

| Pretty good Paradox for Windows Programmer, self-proclaimed Treknologist |
| Editor of XCOM: The UN-official Strategy Guide  Latest update Feb 1st,95 |
|  get it at Game Domain==> ftp://wcl-l.bham.ac.uk/pub/djh/faqs/x-com.faq  |
+==========================================================================+

1. Linking a table frame to a table-runtime

    Hi,
I have one main store db file which contains locations, costs, qty's etc of
our parts. We also have 12 vehicles used by our servicemen. All 12 vans are
allocated a location, so part quantities can be monitored in the vans. Each
of the vans db files are identical, containing only the part number and a
qty.
    My problem is that I would like to display or edit the information in
these van locations, but using only one form. I haven't figured out how to
bind a table frame to a table at runtime. Is this possible?
    The reason I would like to is so I don't have to make 12 identical forms
(aside from the respective table to which the form is bound) which allow
editing of the vans details. Also, vans come and go, so when we get a new
van, I don't want to have to go in and create a new form either.
    I have played around with the dmAddTable etc commands, but there doesn't
seem to be any 'dataSource' property for tableframes, unlike lists.
    Any ideas?

        Any assistance is thanked in advance.
            Nils Nilsson-Harding

2. Openrowset in xp_sendmail

3. Displaying data from 2 linked databases in a table frame

4. Next release of SQLXML?

5. Table frame missing record when printing report

6. How to restore the database from a backup file with multiple data sets?

7. Pls help! Report/Form Question : Two table frames

8. DBCC commands

9. Detail Table Views Within Table Frames

10. Changing table frame table under OPAL

11. Switching Tables in table frames

12. Multiple tables joined into one table frame?

13. Getting frame URL from whithin another frame or at the server side