HELP: Auto Update

Post by Geert Nij » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have a form in which I can edit my table. In this form, there
are 4 logical (true/false) fields which can be selected/deselected
with a crossmark. Actually these fields indicate the title of a
person (Prof. or Dr. or Mr. or Ms or any combination).

What I want to do is the follolowing :

I want to construct a STRING field which contains a string, deduced
from the logical fields. ("Prof. Dr." or "Prof. Ms." etc...)

This STRING field should be updated AUTOMATICALLY, when the record is
updated. (i.e. when you go to the next record). This should be
possible in ObjectPal, in some sort of routine, but i do not remember
which one.

Do you ?

Geert Nijs
Network Manager
VSM - University of Leuven
Belgium

HELP: Auto Update

Post by Jerrry Geis » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Use the action method, testing for eventinfo.id() = DataUnlockRecord.

1. Auto create/ auto update statistics, server 7.0

        I was inspired by another posting to this NG and checked the statistics
on a few tables in my DB. I am having problems for quite a long time
that SQL server sometimes chooses very stupid execution plans. I found
out that statistics on one of the very frequented tables was updated
last time at the end of March. But auto create/update statistics is
turned on. Is this normal? At what moments SQL server decides to update
the statistics? Should I rather schedule the job that would force an
update of the statistics at that moment?
        I could hardcode the execution plan into my SQL queries, but there are
those rare moments when SQL server comes up with really good plans (even
better than mine :) and I also do not fancy the idea of writing hints
into the code.

Ivan

2. Table names missing - ADO Data Control and ATL Provider

3. Auto create, auto update stats:

4. pgsql-server/doc/TODO.detail return

5. Auto-update a number field w/ Auto-Enter Calculation

6. Autonumbering

7. HELP HELP Auto number of VFP at insert trigger under multi-user environment

8. SQL*NET (ODBC) temporary files on the PC

9. Auto increment on Select / Update ?

10. auto update statistics

11. Auto Create/Update Statistics and insert performance in SQL 7.0

12. Auto-updates on Access/SQL 6.5

13. Auto update insert delete bet. 2 tables