OPAL: define container

Post by DDS A » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I want to define the owner, parent or container of an object through opal,
or upon creation ( ui.create() ) of the object. The problem is, I have the
name of the parent stored as a string...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Abrahamsen

OPAL: define container

Post by Michael Juul Hanse » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Could you use  Attach() ?

UIObject name

var
     u1 UIObject
endVar

; Attach to an object named nameFld.
u1.attach(nameFld)

Containership path

var
 u1       UIObject
 aForm Form
endVar

aForm.open("aform.fsl")
; Attach to an object named aField.
u1.attach(aForm.aPage.aField)

Quote:> Hi!

--
Michael

Remove NOSPAM to reply

OPAL: define container

Post by Kasey Chang (fix address before replying to m » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to define the owner, parent or container of an object through opal,
>or upon creation ( ui.create() ) of the object. The problem is, I have the
>name of the parent stored as a string...

So declare an ui2, then ui.attach(parent_name_as_string)...

PDOXWIN, Star Trek, Computer Games, Science Fiction, Writing, && more
Commercial use of this e-mail address implies your consent to pay me
amounts of up to US$100.00 per e-mail message from you received by me.

1. Defining a field in Opal

I am looking for the Opal equivalent of "define field". I have tried the
following:

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
VAR
 Felt uiobject
endvar

felt.create(FieldTool,100,400,1000,200)

felt.TableName = "Orders.db"
felt.fieldname = "Customer_ID"

endmethod

But this gives an error "Cannot acces the property in the current mode of the
object" refering to felt.Tablename = "orders.db"

Maybe I am on the wrong track, what i basicaly want to do is to create a field
and have it behave as if I had defined it interactively.

All hints welcome.

2. F5M and Palm 4.0 Mac...where did I go wrong?

3. Opal: How to do "define field"?

4. REAL JOBS - NOT AN AGENCY - IMMEDIATE HIRE

5. call a user defined function from another user-defined function

6. HELP! Can't open tempdb

7. user defined settings (aka user defined guc variables)

8. Help - Storing Images in Orace????

9. DAO in VB5 yields User-defined type not defined

10. User-defined error when the user doesn't define any errors

11. How to define a user-defined type in ACCESS

12. Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined

13. User defined type not defined