Paradox 4.01 DOS and Paradox 4.5 Windows

Paradox 4.01 DOS and Paradox 4.5 Windows

Post by mss » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

We have noticed locking of DOS files when running concurrent programs of
ParaDos and ParaWindows. DOS execution appears to be locked out while
Windows continues. ParaDOS then cannot reenter the database giving
"Corrupt database error"  Got any suggestions?

We have Windows 3.1 and are considering WWG 3.11. Have you noticed any
specific problems utilizing the Para DOS/Windows versions in these
environments?

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Mon, 22 May 1995 04:00:00

: We have noticed locking of DOS files when running concurrent programs of
: ParaDos and ParaWindows. DOS execution appears to be locked out while
: Windows continues. ParaDOS then cannot reenter the database giving
: "Corrupt database error"  Got any suggestions?

I've had no problems with both PDOXDOS 4.5 and PDOXWIN 4.5/5.0 coexisting
on a Novell 4.X network.

: We have Windows 3.1 and are considering WWG 3.11. Have you noticed any
: specific problems utilizing the Para DOS/Windows versions in these
: environments?

Someone else reported that record level locking doesn't work under WfWG

--
| Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)           Good Paradox for Windows Programmer  |

| http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang    X-COM Guru, general PC expert        |
| Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)  |